EY Data Warehouse Engineers – ETL & SAS Specialists in All, Belgium
Title: Data Warehouse Engineers – ETL & SAS Specialists
Job Number: BRU000QT
The financial services industry is currently facing various challenges dictated by the market situation, hence the focus in the financial sector (banking, insurance, asset management) to reduce costs and cope with a regulatory push, while achieving profitable growth and promoting innovation. Data & Analytics solutions are becoming key enablers for our clients in financial services.
The key matters we cover
At EY Belgium we have a strong Data & Analytics team in our Financial Services practice; our consultants work closely with other departments in domains such as risk management, business optimization and customer intelligence, to translate business requirements into expert technical solutions. We provide advisory services to the financial sector in domains such as:
• Applied data science and advanced analytics embedded in business processes
• Industrialization of the information delivery lifecycle, ensuring data and analytics assets continuity during major core business transformations
• Advanced data services and data engineering, including data lake and data warehousing services, data migration, data integration and data federation.
We are currently looking for experienced professionals with solid Data Engineering skills and expertise in ETL & SAS , to join the team at various levels depending on experience.
Tasks & responsibilities:
• Design and develop complex ETL/data integration processes
• Identify and tune ETL performance issues, monitoring ETL jobs in multiple database environments
• Support transformation processes towards a data centric culture, perform data analysis, source to target mapping, job scheduling, development and testing of ETL programs
• Work together with our data engineers, data architects and data scientists
• Implement, maintain & extend best practices, templates, etc in line with agreed standards and guidelines.
Profile requirements : to succeed, you need the right attitude and work ethics, as well as:
• Bachelor or Master in Computer Engineering (or related), Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Sciences, etc
• Relevant working experience in technical data analysis and data integration (between 2 – 6 years)
• Excellent skills in ETL software technologies, such as SAS, or SAP product stack in information management (IBM Datastorage, Ab Initio,…)
• Excellent Relational SQL database skills using Oracle or Sqlserver in particular
• Fluency in Dutch and/or French, proficient business English, with solid communication & presentation skills
• Experience with Agile methodologies (ideally SCRUM)
• Ability to work in a structured, efficient manner.
In addition, practical knowledge of at least one programming language such as Java, SAS, R or Python would be welcomed.
What working at EY offers
• You will join a team of experts, passionate about their work, who deploy leading edge data and analytics solutions
• You will be part of a leading global professional services firm
• We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management, and access to new technologies and innovative equipment
• You will learn on the job on a daily basis from more experienced professionals.
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements , and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion
At EY we are genuinely passionate about inclusion and we support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
About EY Financial Services
Finance fuels our lives. No other sector can touch so many people or shape so many futures. That’s why at EY we employ over 12,000 talented individuals across our EMEIA region (Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa ), who focus on the financial sector and nothing else. In fact, we are the only major professional services organization to have a fully integrated financial services team across industry and service lines.
We have built a single, integrated financial services team to deliver exceptional service to our clients, wherever they are. Our high-performing teams are as mobile, agile and connected as our global clients.
Our markets: Austria, Belgium, Channel Islands, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Nordics, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, UK.
Our sectors: Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today.