EY Commercial Analyst -UK&I - Advisory - Permanent - Bristol in England, United Kingdom
Title: Commercial Analyst -UK&I - Advisory - Permanent - Bristol
Job Number: BRI0017A
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly flexible, robust and commercially minded individual to work within the Advisory Nucleus of UK&I Advisory Services, exposing you to diverse and challenging environments. Applicants must be eligible for Security clearance with government clients and willing to undergo DV clearance if required.
As a Commercial Analyst you will to support client facing engagement and pursuit teams to improve client project profitability. You’ll work closely with one or more EY client engagement teams on a day to day basis, providing both commercial support and advice, contributing to commercial pricing of bids and performing project reviews on behalf of business leadership to identify margin improvement opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend the majority of your time supporting EY Client Engagement Teams, acting as an independent advisor, managing the working capital processes and acting as an intermediary between the client-facing and central EY Finance teams.
Skills and attributes for success
· Proactively supporting one or more EY Client Engagement Teams on your client portfolio. This will involve working with the Engagement’s Finance Champions, Engagement Managers and Engagement Partners in the financial/commercial management of the engagement to implement best practice financial and profit management procedures
· Acting as an independent financial advisor and custodian of EY policies (escalating issues where required to the Finance team), whilst also building a position as a trusted advisor to the engagement team
· Managing the working capital processes for the engagements, acting as a point of contact for the UK&I Advisory Finance team. This includes m anaging billing and cash collection for the engagements, including reporting on time charged to both the engagement team and the client, ensuring targets are met each month
· Providing support to major new bid teams during bid production, assisting in the shaping of commercial propositions and assessing the profitability of the bids
· Working with the engagement team on sell ons to the existing engagements, specifically developing pricing of the commercial deal and assessing profitability (e.g. risk reward or contingent fee pricing)
· Performing deep dive reviews and impact assessments on low margin projects at the request of business leadership to identify margin improvement opportunities
To qualify for the role you must have
· Proven experience within a professional environment in a financial/commercial capacity
· Strong analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Proven ability to build strong relationships at all levels and stakeholder management
· Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build good team relationships
· Able to demonstrate project management capabilities - balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance, level of urgency and other linkages.
· Ability to use initiative and problem solve
· Flexibility - Will be required to work from client site alongside EY project team, at locations throughout the UK
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Proactivity, be organised and able to prioritise and multitask
· A relevant university degree or be qualified by experience
· Ability to influence a range of stakeholders
· A robust and resilient disposition
What we look for
We’re looking for a part-qualified (or qualified by experience) Finance or Commercial Analyst with a desire to study and qualify for professional qualifications. You’ll need to be a proactive individual with an ability to think outside the box and influence senior stakeholders.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.