EY Delivery Lead in Managed Services – Thames Valley Region in England, United Kingdom
Title: Delivery Lead in Managed Services – Thames Valley Region
Job Number: REA000JV
UKI Advisory Delivery Lead in Managed Services – Thames Valley Region
Over the past 5 years we have seen increased client demand for Managed Services as organisations seek faster, more efficient and cost effective ways to deliver services. For EY, the term ‘Managed Services’ describes a continuum from staff augmentation to full outsourcing or business process management of a task, process or function. The further development of our Managed Services offering is a key growth platform for EY as part of our global Vision 2020 strategy.
The demand for Managed Services from our clients has led to EY winning a landmark deal to help a public sector client launch a new business in a new market for them. For the next 5 years, we will be supporting this client with the management and growth of this business by providing them with a range of services to support its operational, commercial and performance management. This innovative deal is the first of its kind for EY in this particular part of the public sector market and offers a fantastic career opportunity for those involved in its launch and delivery.
The UKI Advisory Managed Services Team are seeking an accomplished Service Delivery Manager as the full time, onsite Delivery Lead for this major contract based in the Thames Valley region.
Your key responsibilities
• Lead the delivery of the EY managed service delivered from Belfast as the full time, onsite Delivery Manager. Act as the client-facing ‘front office’ for the Belfast operation
• Report to the EY Delivery Director who oversees the delivery of all EY services for the client
• Support the Delivery Director to implement and further develop the agreed operating model for EY managed services as set out in the contract
• Ensure these services meet requirements on an ongoing basis, collecting and sharing feedback from stakeholders and ensuring any necessary changes to deliverables are managed through the agreed change control process
• Work with Belfast Delivery Centre Managers to ensure that EY service delivery KPIs on these services are consistently met
• Ensure that the reputation of EY is upheld and that risk is effectively managed for EY and the client during the delivery of the contract
• Remotely manage EY personnel based in EY’s Belfast Delivery Centre who are involved in the provision of these services
• Attend required weekly governance meetings with client counterparts for each service
• Work closely with other EY team members on the account to gather requirements for any customisation of reports for end clients
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong commercial acumen and previous experience of managing service delivery on contracts for managed services, taking into consideration risks, issues and how to ensure contractual obligations and quality of service delivery are met
• Good client relationship skills
• A practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions
• Strong management skills and the ability to facilitate and encourage collaboration amongst team members and motivate teams to maximise performance
To qualify for the role you must have
• An ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements and communicating tactfully in a highly politically sensitive environment
• Previous experience of managing service delivery on contracts for managed services/long term programme delivery engagements
• Public Sector experience
• Previous experience of managing remote delivery teams
What we look for
This role offers an experienced Delivery Manager the opportunity to be involved in a landmark deal for EY from the outset, playing a key role in its successful delivery and growth. We are looking for an individual with a passion for delivering exceptional client service and a proven track record of successfully managing managed services or long term programme delivery for clients. You will be a strong and motivational people manager with exceptional stakeholder management skills.
What working at EY offers
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.