EY Manager - Fintech in England, United Kingdom
Title: Manager - Fintech
Job Number: LON00C4Y
Financial Services (EMEIA FSO) -
Manager – FinTech team
Financial technology (FinTech) firms have their sights on virtually every aspect of financial services. While sometimes coined as industry disruptors, much of what is happening is actually enabling the future of financial services. FinTech firms are designing and introducing alternatives to traditional financial services products and services, partnering with financial institutions key areas of innovation, and developing new technologies that are changing financial services.
The purpose of EY’s FinTech team is to help FinTech client scale up. We do this by supporting FinTech companies with EY’s services and its relationships. We work closely with the top management teams of FinTechs and financial institutions helping to address the significant business, regulatory and financial challenges that arise during their growth journeys. We work with EY services delivery (‘service line’) teams to meet client needs.
We are distinguished by our ability to assemble and integrate teams of experts to address business issues in a skilful, efficient and cost-effective manner, right-sizing our services to FinTech clients. Our clients value our objectivity, creativity and commitment to delivering tangible value.
Our FinTech team is recognised both internally and externally as a market leader. Our rapid growth and ambitious plans have resulted in a requirement for Manager-level positions in the FinTech team. The team requires experienced FinTech industry practitioners with both client and consultancy experience and the ability to contribute to a high calibre team that is rapidly expanding its market leading business.
· Take account management responsibility for a portfolio of FinTech accounts
· Support key projects and initiatives within the FinTech team, taking ownership of specific areas or deliverables
· Maintain and further develop the team's thought leadership and knowledge management in relation to industry's business drivers, issues and personalities
· Lead on developing identified key FinTech relationships at senior levels with a view to generating work from these clients for the firm
· Leverage a network across the FinTech with industry bodies and events
· Network widely within the firm amongst those currently and potentially providing services to the FinTech industry
· Support key client pitches and projects in a subject matter specialist capacity
· Bachelor’s degree qualified (or equivalent) or above, with related experience in business development and/or complex services and solutions sales, gained from sizable multinational companies in the professional services and solution provider arena
· Strong understanding of trends, developments and personalities in the FinTech industry in the UK
· Business focused with executive presence
· Relationship development and account management skills including being able to demonstrate an understanding and application of the principles and practices of account management
· Able to network effectively across the FinTech industry and within the firm to gain visibility, profile and engagement
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Industry knowledge of financial services beyond FinTech ( Insurance/banking/etc. )
· Strong team player/team management skills
· Facilitation and leadership skills
· Commercial acumen
· Ability to interact credibly with client across a broad set of business issues
· Ability to form teams from across multiple Service Lines to deliver a joined up client situation
· Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
· Some knowledge of the account management, relationship tools and processes of a professional services firm
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.