EY Platform Delivery Services Global Lead – Application Platform Services (APS) in Kerala, India
Title: Platform Delivery Services Global Lead – Application Platform Services (APS)
Job Number: GSS004FA
This newly created leadership position within EY’s IT PaaS organization reports directly to Director of Application Platform Services. The ideal candidate will be accountable for leading a large team of IT Platforms as a Service (PaaS) delivery professionals responsible for working with development teams deploying and delivering PaaS service offerings to internal IT customers. Efficient delivery of platforms such as SharePoint, Web and Database services. Clear vision complemented by the ability to communicate with customers and execute on strategy, roadmap, policies, processes, service levels and metrics. Driving change is a key part of the role, keeping people motivated in a highly-changing environment. Draws on experience optimizing the delivery of platform services through automation.
Essential Functions of the Job:
As a natural leader, this leader will manage a portfolio of application delivery deployments of varying complexity, across entire PaaS organization. He/She is responsible for all production service deployment coordination, scheduling, prioritizing and on time delivery of PaaS services. Ultimately leading to a successful outcome and high customer satisfaction. As a key leader of the PaaS organization, the Platform Services Delivery Lead will contribute best practices to further optimize application platform service delivery through automation.
• Established leader capable of driving large platforms delivery organization
• Drives PaaS delivery optimization through Automation and DevOPS frameworks
• Develops and executes service delivery strategy leveraging a balance of full time resources, contractors and managed services
• Accountable for all aspects of application deployment workflow within a global enterprise PaaS environment
• Serves as the primary point of contact to application development teams regarding the day-to-day PaaS service delivery
• Ensures delivery SLAs (service level agreements) and KPI (key performance indicators) are met or exceeded.
• Builds and maintains strong client relationships, and participates in client meetings regarding delivery performance ensuring client satisfaction.
• Maintains a clear understanding of the client's needs, and provides day-to-day customer advice and support.
• Coordinate all levels of customer satisfaction: conduct strategic customer satisfaction interviews. Develop and deliver regular reports on performance to senior executives. Manages escalation issues with the customer.
• Works with stakeholders to understand, schedule and prioritize PaaS service deployment needs
• Manages all aspects of the end to end application deployment process
• Ensures that the organization's release controls are documented and well understood by implementation and operations teams
• Provides input to the final implementation sign off process
• Provides management reporting on deployment progress
• Defines and executes continuous improvement plans including automation
• Motivates, leads virtual cross-border teams
• Efficiently handles escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure, such as restoring services
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with IT Customers on delivery of PaaS services supporting IT wide programs and projects
• Provides guidance, direction and strategy to team members on delivery
• Oversees budget, controls and manages risk
• Monitor and managed PaaS services delivery pipeline
• Strong decision-making skills
• Demonstrated skills in developing actionable roadmaps and implementing these efficiently
• Strong understanding of key performance indicators relevant to the role
• Extensive experience in financial management (such as budgeting and cost comparison) for the relevant services
• This role will lead and manage a large team, including all aspects of people management (hiring, performance management, development, personnel issues, etc.).
• Exercises the usual authority of a senior manager, including employment decisions concerning performance improvement plans and reviews, promotion, hiring, termination, and salary recommendations. Coaches, develops and inspires staff to maximize their potential.
• Manage and champion a functional cross-border team. This should provide consistency of operations, responsibilities and cross- border reporting
The role is generally guided in objectives remotely, across global time zones, using telephone, email and instant messaging. As such the role requires a high degree of discipline in self-direction and autonomy in a remote or work from home arrangement. The role may also require the periodic allocation of additional time on the job to ensure multiple demands and escalating issues are managed.
College degree technology based or statistical/math sciences or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
Approximately 10 to 12 years’ experience in a technology infrastructure and technology engineering groups with experience in driving quality management and project management initiatives. Able to exhibit a progression of increasingly complex analytics and ability to successfully lead and deliver complex IT projects during the period as well as global staff management responsibilities.
Recommended certifications to progress career development may include:
• Agile or DevOPS Certification