EY Tax Accountant, ITS, ITS Standard (FSO) (Sr Manager) (Multiple Positions) in New York, New York
Title: Tax Accountant, ITS, ITS Standard (FSO) (Sr Manager) (Multiple Positions)
Location: US-NY-New York
Job Number: NEW00IDT
Tax Accountant, ITS, ITS Standard (FSO) (Sr Manager) (Multiple Positions) (Multiple Positions), Ernst & Young U.S. LLP, New York, NY.
Full Job Title: Tax Accountant, International Tax Services, ITS Standard – Financial Services Office (Senior Manager) (Multiple Positions)
Job Duties: Work on international tax engagements, applying knowledge of US and foreign tax policies to advise multinational clients in the asset management, banking capital markets and insurance sectors. Work on key client issues in domestic federal, international, and state and local taxation, focusing on implementing tax strategies. Contribute to client satisfaction by providing timely, integrated and knowledgeable global tax advice including international tax planning, consulting, and compliance. Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies and private equity funds on the tax implications of international operations as well as coordinating U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy. Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex international tax returns. Research tax technical issues and write opinions and tax memos for clients on specific tax issues or tax planning strategies. Consult with clients on tax-efficient structuring of international transactions, effective use of tax treaties, planning related to offshore investments activities and repatriation programs to minimize US and foreign income taxes of our US based multinational clients, minimizing worldwide tax burdens on business transactions and operations, and making effective foreign investments.
Lead and direct teams of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds by providing constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Manage risk in the delivery of quality client services. Generate and manage new business opportunities.
Full time employment, Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Tax, Law or a related field and 8 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Tax, Law or a related field and 7 years of work experience.
• Must have 7 years of experience in delivering professional tax services or tax consulting services. • Must meet one of the following criteria: Active CPA certification or foreign equivalent; CFA; CFE; Sufficient educational/experience requirements (as determined by state Board of Accountancy) to receive CPA certification within one year of hire/promotion; member of the state bar; or Enrolled Agent certification.
• Must have 7 years of experience in the following: - applying complex US and foreign tax concepts to client situations; - performing tax compliance and consulting; and - inbound and outbound transaction consulting, multi-national corporation experience, Operating Model Effectiveness (OME), foreign tax credit planning, and effective tax rate minimization.
• Must have 7 years of experience in international income taxation, including relevant experience with large cross border transactions involving multinational companies.
• Must have 5 years of experience in supervising teams consisting of at least 2 people on multiple projects and providing direction to team members.
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, experience or training.
TO APPLY: Please apply on-line at ey.com/us/jobsearch (Job Number – NEW00IDT).
This particular position at Ernst & Young in the United States requires the qualified candidate to be a "United States worker" as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor regulations at 20 CFR 656.3. You can review this definition at https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title20-vol3/pdf/CFR-2011-title20-vol3-sec656-3.pdf at the bottom of page 750. Please feel free to apply to other positions that do not require you to be a "U.S. worker".