EY Tax-Manager -Additional Tax Services-National Tax-Tax Technology and Transformation - NYC in New York, New York
Title: Tax-Manager -Additional Tax Services-National Tax-Tax Technology and Transformation - NYC
Location: US-NY-New York
Job Number: NEW00IYV
National Tax - Tax Technology and Transformation – Manager
This is an area that’s seen plenty of recent growth and investment – and you’ll see that reflected in your career. It’s no exaggeration to say that you’ll be working on highly publicized projects. The field of taxation is constantly changing as new laws, regulations and technologies enter the fold, and this is your opportunity to be part of that development.
Your key responsibilities
You will provide business tax services to help client companies meet complex demands for tax reporting, compliance and planning and assist with tax operating strategy and organization design. You will also assist the client in identifying tax process improvement opportunities and developing responsive operating models and metrics. In addition, you will design effective and controlled tax processes with enabling technologies to increase efficiency and reduce risk. You will work with finance and IT teams to increase the tax-relevancy of finance data in ERP systems (e.g. SAP and Oracle), and in close, consolidation and reporting tools (e.g., Hyperion, BPC, etc.).
Skills and attributes for success
· Ability to lead and motivate teams of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds
· Deliver quality client services by monitoring progress
· Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
· Maintain long-term client relationships and networks
· Cultivate business development opportunities
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Management Information Systems, Tax, or a related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in tax process improvement. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Management Information Systems, Tax, or a related field and 4 years of work experience in tax process improvement; or combination of education, training, and experience
· CPA, Chartered Accountant, or PMP Certification
· 4 years of experience in income tax processes
· 4 years of experience with SharePoint; other tax process; and/or systems consulting.
· 4 years of combined experience in any of following: - Configuration/Utilization of tax software products (SharePoint, Corptax, OneSource, Longview, or Hyperion Tax Provision); - Tax Data and Reporting requirements for ledger and consolidation systems (SAP, Oracle, or Hyperion); and/or - Tax Process and Operational Assessments; - Consulting around enterprise data sources, tax data acquisition, automation of tax processes
· Requires travel up to 50% in order to serve client needs
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Excellent communication and business writing skills
· A natural flair for problem solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
· Strong organizational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving consulting skills
· Demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements
What we look for
We’re looking for knowledgeable technical professionals with an excellent general knowledge of both international and domestic tax. You’ll need excellent business acumen and a firm strategic vision, so if you are ready to bring it to life by developing your team, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.