EY Full Stack Ruby Engineer- Global Innovation Group in Palo Alto, California
Title: Full Stack Ruby Engineer- Global Innovation Group
Location: US-CA-Palo Alto
Job Number: PAL0006K
The Global Innovation Team is a small, startup-like product and business incubator founded in 2015 to bring technology to the core of everything we do at EY. This includes enabling existing businesses with technology as well as building entirely new web and mobile products and technology platforms with an enterprise focus. Our access to the world’s leading companies is unprecedented and so are the opportunities stemming from these relationships. Be a part of something huge!
Software engineers develop the technologies that will power the firm into the future and change the way we do business, enter new markets, and serve clients. We are looking for full stack engineers to work on exciting problems and create industry leading solutions that meet the highest standards in security, quality, and user experience. We have tremendous opportunities in a variety of areas, including consumer platforms, user interface design, mobile, catalog and database design, information retrieval, security, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing. Engineers work in small teams led by an engineering manager and collaborate closely with product management and design to build new products and create new businesses in a fast paced, agile fashion. This position is full-time and will ultimately be based in Palo Alto, CA. May need to commute to San Jose or San Francisco initially.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Design, build, test, deploy, maintain and improve technology solutions for new products and services
• Suggest innovative solutions to bring product to life and result in a positive user experience
• Participate in product feature definition, design, implementation, documentation and support
• Works independently with minimal supervision
• Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
• Ingest data from data pipelines and provide the best visualizations and date tools to business users
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• 5 years of experience as a Full-Stack Software Engineer
• Experience with multiple types of databases: MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra, etc.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
• Critical thinking skills and ability to creatively solve complex problems
• Ability to deliver quality code (security, performance, readability, etc.)
• Experience with cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure
• 5-10 years total work experience
• B.S./MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Some travel or extended work day (early start/late finish) may be required as necessary to meet deadlines
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.