EY Advisory Services Senior - Financial Services - Performance Improvement - Life Insurance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Title: Advisory Services Senior - Financial Services - Performance Improvement - Life Insurance
Job Number: PHI00221
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our Life Insurance Operations Improvement practice focuses on helping life insurance clients improve and transform their life/annuity, group benefits and retirement services operations with respect to processes, technology deployment, sourcing, and merger and acquisition due diligence / integration. In addition, we perform operating model design and development; and business architecture design and implementation, across the spectrum of life insurance product lines and markets
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Senior Consultant to support client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and manage business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Skills and attributes for success
You will work directly with clients to transform their business operations. You will gain exposure in Policy Administration, Billing and Claims.
Your Key Responsibilities:
· You will establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
· Demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
· You will understand/communicate complex insurance operational issues. Stay informed of and apply professional standards and firm policies
· Committing to developing a strong personal brand by staying informed regarding economic/market developments and their impact on the firm's clients.
To qualify for the role you must have:
a bachelor's degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
a minimum of 2 years of experience working in Life Insurance Operations
strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and business writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further designing, developing and integrating business operations and technology
ability to research client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, life insurance industry practices, and new application technologies
a willingness to travel to meet client needs
· a valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally
- strong writing, presentation, conceptual, analytical, and interpersonal skills
Ideally, you’ll also have :
- a degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, engineering or a related field preferred
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the life insurance industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their life and annuity business, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
· Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime
Join us in building a better working world. Apply Now!
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.