Title: Tax Manager- US Corporate Tax (Compliance)- Toronto
Ernst & Young's people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
We are currently seeking a Manager to be a leading member in our Ernst & Young U.S. Corporate Tax Compliance team. The successful candidate will lead and manage multiple and challenging U.S. corporate tax compliance engagements to deliver quality tax solutions for our diverse clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, and career advancement to the right candidate.
Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations. Develop and deliver innovative tax compliance products with timely and responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations. Manage the work of client service team members and management staff. Participate in and contribute to attaining team goals. Thoroughly and accurately analyze information. Prepare practical and creative solutions to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions. Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans. Make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas.
To qualify, candidates must have:
* a bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or economics
* an advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable
* a minimum of 5 years of relevant U.S. tax compliance/provision experience or the equivalent experience in business or industry
* an accounting designation
* strong managerial skills and a proven record in leading teams
* broad exposure to federal income taxation
* advanced organizational and verbal/written communication skills
* proven business development skills
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity