EY Manager Statutory in India
Title: Manager Statutory
Job Number: IND008N0
This position is part of GDS India Finance Team in General Ledger and reports into Assistant Director. This position serves a critical finance role in managing Internal/Statutory and Tax and all Audits including IFRS Financials. The primary responsibility will be maintaining books of account and managing statutory and all audits. Key focus will be ensuring compilation of statutory Accounts, working with accounting teams to identify any issues and help resolve, provide guidance and templates for financials to be submitted, Audits of all entities, analysis of financials and preparing highlights memo to the Board. This person will work closely with other members of the Finance and accounting teams to collaborate the various deliverable for audits and compliances.
· Plan year end close, Liaise and agree Board meeting dates, audit sign off dates and provide detailed checklist to finance/other teams
· Field audit Plan and schedule
· Audit of Statutory and IFRS
· Understand IFRS/Statutory Audit provisions and identify gaps to address
· Maintain /Standardise chart of accounts, glossary, documenting the type of activity posted to each general ledger account
· Ensure consistent mapping of various GL Accounts to the proper corporate GL Account
· Compile and communicate close calendars to all stakeholders in advance.
· Compile a consistent template to of all entities and divisions to ensure the Positions are applied across all entities consistently
· Recommend and assist in the implementation of improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline existing processes related to accounting, reporting and Audits.
· Provide Adhoc reports/information to Board whenever sought.
· Provide Tax scrutiny and other GL Support to Tax and other Finance teams
· Ensure all the sub-functions of finance AP, AR, Payroll, TAX are engaged collaboratively to ensure accounts are maintained current and clean.