EY Senior Tax Consultant - Transfer Pricing in Romania
Title: Senior Tax Consultant - Transfer Pricing
Job Number: ROM000QG
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, People Advisory Services, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
Join our integrated global network of international tax professionals who help clients manage business tax responsibilities including managing global tax risks and meeting cross-border obligations.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- Project management including reviewing progress against step plan
- Develop and maintain active communication with clients to form and exceed expectations, ensure client satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met
- Participate actively in client interviews and discussions to identify and assess clients’ transfer pricing matters
- Draft transfer pricing technical advice, report/opinion outlining the technical issues, proposed solutions/next steps and implementation
- Review global/regional/local transfer pricing documentation
- Prepare and coordinate junior colleagues to prepare: transfer pricing documentation, complex economic searches, transfer pricing planning analyses, applications for Advance Pricing Agreements; etc.
- Assist in all other aspects of transfer pricing projects such as transfer pricing controversy assistance
- Actively contribute to the development of junior colleagues inter-alia via on-the-job training, delivering internal technical presentations
- Deep understanding and knowledge of transfer pricing concepts according to the OECD guidelines, EU and Romanian transfer pricing legislation; knowledge of at least Amadeus database, knowledge of Loan Connector/Bloomberg database is a plus
- Analysis & insight - Compile and assimilate information quickly and develop technical assumptions based on available data
- Project management - Prioritize and ensure a timely completion of high-quality work, capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously, monitoring workloads and prioritize tasks, with effective team communication
- Communication - Produce accurate and clearly written documents and presentations (in Romanian or English) tailored to audience needs and expectations
- Teamwork - Demonstrate respect for differences in individual style and backgrounds; Develop strengths and opportunities collaboratively with team members by encouraging people to take action following feedback; consistent commitment and optimism toward work challenges
- Quality work - Produce work products of consistent high quality (ie complete, accurate)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Independent/self-driven working style
- At least 2 years of transfer pricing experience