EY Manager, EEO & AA, Assistant Director in United States
Title: Manager, EEO & AA, Assistant Director
Location: United States
Job Number: UNI00AHM
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
HR Services is a global team established within EY Business Enablement Shared Services that is organized under common leadership and a new operating model. Join our HR Services team and you will be responsible for HR processes, transactions and technology across our global organization. Our mission in HR Services is to deliver world class processes enabled by globally consistent technology.
Applies knowledge of employment laws, anti-discrimination laws, hiring policies, and procedures to mitigate the firms’ legal liability.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Prepares and reviews affirmative action plans for EY offices
• Manages the Human Resources (HR) application that supports affirmative action; works in close concert with Information Technology (IT); providing direction on technical requirements, strategic issues as well as supervising their involvement
• Interacts and leverages relationships with various America People Team (APT) leaders on key compliance matters to achieve stated goals
• Advises sales/marketing teams by reviewing equal employment opportunity (EEO ) sections of requests for proposals( RFPs ) and providing appropriate guidance and data to the team and client
• Manages EEO advertising and poster programs; deals directly with various external vendors and manages the budget and funding for this program
• Supervises government reporting to state and federal agencies; interfaces directly with government representatives
• Conducts and interprets various complex statistical analyses and advises clients accordingly;
• Maintains current knowledge and awareness of compliance requirements and is responsible for compliance with all EEO and other government legal and corporate requirements.
• Recommends and implements new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in efficiency of HR functions.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Works on substantive compliance issues. Advises client directly on matters involving judgment and discretion.
• Is the single point-of-contact in dealings with numerous external vendors and government representatives; acts with autonomy in this regard.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Strong knowledge of EEO/Affirmative Action laws and regulations, policies and procedures and Department of Labor (DOL) requirements.
• Strong consulting skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
• Strong technology skills especially in spreadsheets, databases and word processing applications.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Receives general direction rather than supervision. Often acts as project manager for medium/large projects or oversees significant portions of major or highly complex projects.
• Acts as the de facto lead on departmental projects with minimal direction.
• Acts as department manager in department managers absence;
• Frequently handles same matters as supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Preferably in Labor Relations, Human Resources or related field.
• 2-4 years project management experience
• 5-7 years experience in affirmative action design and planning and related EEO matters
• 8-10 years overall related experience in human resources.
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.