EY O365 Sharepoint Service Owner - Collaboration Services in United States
Title: O365 Sharepoint Service Owner - Collaboration Services
Location: United States
Job Number: UNI00ACT
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
The way EY people work together, and with clients, is becoming increasingly influenced by technology, and this trend is only likely to accelerate. As part of IT you may be responsible for large strategic enterprise application development, enterprise security, business intelligence, cloud and data center services, as well as other technology products. IT plans, develops and manages all technology used in EY to enhance service delivery, drive revenue growth and profitability and strengthen our competitive advantage as the most globally integrated organization in professional services.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
In our globalizing economy, availability of skills and expertise is becoming more and more distributed. Within EY IT Services, the Collaboration Services team is responsible for enabling our EY business professionals to collaborate globally in the most effective and intuitive way, thereby reducing the need for travel and increasing productivity.
In EY, a Service Owner (SO) is an IT representative responsible for a Service(s) across EY and is the single point of contact (SPOC) for a Service Sponsor (Client). The Service Owner ensures that the service is well-balanced (business value vs. cost vs. quality), creates Service Roadmaps and is involved in the change management of the Service. The Service Owner is the ultimate decision-maker within IT Services in relation to the Service for which they oversee.
The SO for O365 SharePoint drives the strategy and vision for the platform. The role manages all technical, functional and business requirements for the platform. The role establishes and maintains partnerships among key stakeholders from SharePoint on-premise platform services, other Collaboration and Messaging SOs, SharePoint Solution Centre, Enterprise Architecture, EY business and the product / hosting vendors to define EY’s O365 SharePoint strategy and experience. The role directs and governs the application of technology used in providing O365 SharePoint capabilities (key example being OneDrive for Business) for the Enterprise and is ultimately responsible for the adoption of the Service. The role partners on a daily basis with the other Service Owners within Collaboration Services to align on direction and ensure seamless integration and deployment of the platform’s capabilities.
The role has a wide breadth of knowledge in the areas of Collaboration technologies, financial management, service delivery, people and generational behavior and culture. The role will establish and maintain the partnerships with Research (NITRO) and the Proof of Value (PoV) teams to proactively investigate market developments in existing and emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence, robotics, digital assistants, augmented reality etc..
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Service Planning
• Marketing and Adoption
• Service Delivery
• Financial Management
• Directs the strategy and vision to define, monitor, and deploy best in class configurations for EY’s O365 platform utilizing standard product portfolio.
• Develops and maintains an understanding of the EY end user segmentation based on culture, generation, service line and job requirements and effectively applies this knowledge to the strategy. Directs workshops and surveys with stakeholders and applies technology solutions to gain an understanding of, maintain and improve insight into the user segmentation.
• Partners with other Service Owners within the broader SharePoint teams to simplify and optimize the O365 SharePoint experience.
• Directs the strategy and approach to enhance the O365 SharePoint experience, translating advanced underlying technology into a simple, consistent, and easy to learn experience.
• Proactively researches and evaluates feasibility of any new technologies that may improve the O365 SharePoint Experience in close collaboration with the other Service Owners. Performs financial analysis on these technologies and uses TCO models to show business value. Directs Proof of Value initiatives of the feasible technologies with the PoV team.
Marketing & Adoption
• Leads the partnership among Marketing and Communications, Regional Infrastructure Services (RIS) and local business representatives to define, develop, deploy and actively maintain EY’s O365 SharePoint Experience.
• Directs reporting of O365 SharePoint performance to improve the effectiveness of the technology.
• Partners with Marketing and Communications as well as technical experts within the SharePoint teams to develop training material and documentation that is easy to access, understand and aligned with the user segmentation.
• Proactively partners with Regional Infrastructure Services (RIS) and engages with local business executives to market, deploy and expand the platform (and decommission legacy services where relevant).
• Plans, budgets, initiates and sponsors investment projects to deploy the O365 SharePoint platform. Accountable for the timely delivery of the investments within the planned budget.
• Directs and oversees monthly service portfolio review meetings with stakeholders to guide investment budget and scope management of projects.
• Oversees the team’s activities to meet deliverable dates for next generation services in accordance with best practices in the industry on life cycle management of the O365 SharePoint platform.
• Manage the financial aspects of the O365 SharePoint hosted platform including annual budgeting, invoice checking and signoff, analyze the financial impact of service changes, manage risks and opportunities. This includes monthly financial review of centrally managed P&L and advising and consulting local business contacts on purchase of local equipment and maintenance (where relevant).
• Directs the metrics on total cost of ownership (TCO) for the Services utilizing actual Return on Investment (ROI) product financials and other cost metrics. Acts as the ultimate authority in determining the product's financial efficiency in its Business As Usual (BAU) model.
• Proactively maintains an understanding of the compliance and financial controls guiding the IT and EY businesses to appropriately position financial best practices, as well as position effective and efficient changes and maintain operational readiness
Over time would manage direct reports and other members of staff to the highest level of performance, selects and recommends hires, aligns responsibilities and objectives to abilities and coaches performance to achieve success. Responsible for career counseling, yearly performance reviews, coaching, salaries, training etc.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
The role requires a strong analytical and business acumen and solution orientation to understand the nuances of the O365 SharePoint solution across geographic regions as well as to guide appropriate changes, solutions and services within the directives of the role’s strategic remit. Utilizes knowledge of culture, people behavior, financial management, marketing, adoption, service delivery and technology to prepare for executive decisions. The role additionally requires consultative questioning, influence management and critical thinking skills to understand a current directive and recommend viable solutions that are both effective and supporting the value to the business.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Maintains solid interpersonal skills to engage with senior executives of the firm, in cross business discussions within a matrixed, geographically dispersed organization and to build a solid network of peers and others of influence. Adapts personal communication style to the style of others, develops rapport and stays calm under pressure or escalating issues using advanced oral and written English communication skills.
• Projects well-defined consultative skill to conduct effective questioning, hone in on key directives to formulate ideas and materials as well as present those ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization including senior and/or executive management.
• Utilizes all aspects of Emotional Intelligence to navigate the interactions and complexities of the business environment and drive leadership performance in oneself and in others.
• Brings proven expertise of managing an O365 SharePoint platform
• Maintains solid reporting and executive presentation skills.
• Has strong financial skills and the ability to develop financial multiyear TCO models in Excel.
• Proven experience in Service Delivery is a requirement
• Proven experience in marketing, sales is a plus
• Manifests a strong analytical and problem solving ability to escalate and negotiate complex and conflicting change issues, handle multiple and shifting priorities across a broad spectrum of operating environments and drive solutions that are both financially sound and operationally feasible.
• Certification in Sharepoint is a plus
Assigned staff may be remote based and/or in a work from home setting that will require distance management skills across locations, cultures and time zones. The role itself reports to the Global Collaboration Services Leader.
The role may also require the periodic allocation of additional time on the job to support multiple demands and escalating issues and some travel to support change or planned project activities.
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer, Industrial Design, Psychology or comparable job experiences.
Approximately 10 years of experience in a comparable role in the Collaboration Technologies space.
Certification in Sharepoint is a plus.