EY Rotational Talent Advisor Recruiter, Supervising Associate in United States
Title: Rotational Talent Advisor Recruiter, Supervising Associate
Location: United States
Job Number: UNI00A90
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
We call our human resources group the Talent Team, and this reflects how important our people are to the success of the EY organization. Working with the Talent Team, you’ll help develop and execute our people strategy, which provides the programs, measures and tools that help our EY member firms' employees achieve their goals. You might develop and implement strategies for performance management, leadership development, learning, training tools, compensation, recruiting, new joiner orientation, reporting processes or other initiatives.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Rotational Talent Advisor (RTA) are centralized recruiting resources that will be deployed on short- to medium-term assignments in the Americas Recruiting community. An RTA will cover the temporary needs that arise from sudden spikes in the business, maternity leaves, and the need to fill critical roles that are hard to fill. Each assignment an RTA completes will typically be 3-6 months and can be in any business group or any function (experienced, executive, talent acquisition). RTAs will report to the Recruiting Highest Performing Team leader, who will determine their assignments in collaboration with the Experienced and Executive Recruiting leaders. RTAs will be on a 2-3 year renewable rotation and will need to be flexible, adaptable and willing to travel as their assignments may cover a wide spectrum of service lines and geographies. Time permitting, RTAs will be involved in recruiting community projects and may serve as project managers on initiatives. When assigned to cover a temporary need, they will have similar responsibilities as the recruiter they are covering for. They will be responsible to their clients as they report in to the Recruiting Highest Performing Team Leader.
RTAs should have the same background and competencies as an experienced, executive or talent acquisition recruiter. This job is ideal for someone looking to broaden skills, learn new business lines or services, participate in new experiences and, in many cases, experience mobility.
As a Rotational Talent Advisor, you’ll be on a 2-3 year rotation within our Recruiting COE serving as a short- to medium-term resource for different business groups. You’ll be asked to assume the responsibilities of an experienced/executive recruiter or talent acquisition recruiter to address sudden spikes in hiring goals for a business group, cover maternity leaves, or to help fill critical needs that are hard to fill. You may also be involved in recruiting community projects and may serve as a project manager. This role requires flexibility, adaptability, willingness to travel and an eagerness to learn all parts of our business. The responsibilities are similar to any recruiter roles - you'll be responsible for identifying top talent and converting prospects into active candidates. You'll work with Business Leaders, Talent Team members, recruiting leaders and hiring managers to execute on workforce and hiring plans. You'll also assess the profiles of candidates and manage them through the interview process, negotiating offers and closing acceptances.
Although you'll receive general supervision, you'll be expected to work independently on a daily basis, seeking help on complex issues from the Recruiting Leaders as needed.
• Serve as an experienced, executive or talent acquisition recruiter for a Sub-Service Line, or a Practice. Conduct interviews with candidates to assess skills and generate interest in Ernst & Young opportunities. Make recommendations regarding next steps with each candidate
• Act as the main recruiting contact for key client groups and internal and external candidates. Develop sound business relationships with internal clients to achieve stated goals
• Identify candidates through multiple sources including employee referrals, social networking sites (e.g. LinkedIn), alumni, transfers and agencies
• Provide regular updates to hiring manager, recruiting leaders and other stakeholders as may be appropriate on pipeline development and progress of candidates
• Develop and maintain relationships with Business Unit and Service Line hiring managers and HR leaders
• Participate in workforce planning sessions and ongoing ad-hoc feedback meetings with hiring managers
• Execute on processes to implement hiring plans based on business strategy in consultation with business and recruiting leaders
• Participate with hiring managers and recruiting leadership to develop implementation plans for sourcing and recruiting strategies, paying particular attention to inclusiveness strategies
• Manage candidates through the entire interview and hiring process (from assessing candidate qualifications for current open positions, to negotiating offers and including initiating onboarding for new hires)
• Responsible for scanning the marketplace for trends and obtaining information on competitive positioning. May make recommendations regarding how this information could affect hiring plans and/or sourcing strategies
• Responsible for mastering the use of recruiting tools and technologies (Taleo, LinkedIn, etc) to remain at the forefront of talent acquisition. Research and recommend the use of other vendors that may improve the effectiveness of recruiting and/or sourcing activities. May provide testing or manage the rollout of a new tool or technology to the recruiting community.
• Knowledge and skills requirements
• Knowledge of recruitment/hiring laws and practices
• Ability to quickly gain in-depth knowledge of the firm's recruitment policies, processes and protocols
• Possesses high level of specialized knowledge in campus or experienced hire recruitment
• Ability to assess whether candidates have the appropriate skills, competencies and experiences required to meet the specifications of the proposed position
• Ability to articulate and market Ernst & Young opportunities to candidates
• Ability to negotiate and close offers
• Responsible for counseling and mentoring other recruiters
• Ability to quickly adapt to, embrace and champion new technology and tools. Act as a change agent as new technology, tools and processes are rolled out
• Broad understanding of the firm's Service Lines and a detailed understanding of the Practice for which this position is responsible for
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
• Ability to utilize strategic thinking skills and work to collaborate with fellow team members on best practices
• Strong customer focus and effective use of consultative approach with clients
• A minimum of 5-8 years of experienced hire recruiting experience; preferably from a professional services environment
• Good knowledge base and prior experience in full life-cycle recruitment of experienced hires
► Advanced user knowledge of technology and on-line sourcing and research tools
► Name generation and/or organizational mapping experience
► Aptitude with internet research techniques (e.g., Boolean searches, website flipping, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.