EY Tax Services Assistant Manager - EDGE - GCR - Global Payroll Operate - US Payroll in Albany, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: : New York, Chicago, IL, Dallas, Houston, Miami
Tax Services Assistant Manager – National Tax – EDGE – Global Compliance & Reporting – Global Payroll Operate
Ernst & Young LLP’s National Tax and EY EDGE practices are made up of teams of professionals providing specific tax technical services to US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes the EY organization in the marketplace.
Our Global Payroll Operate practice focuses on helping our clients effectively manage their global payroll needs proactively and responsibly in 150+ countries. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their payroll functions. We believe that by managing clients’ payroll obligations, we can make a critical difference, and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive local payroll service experience with a standard global payroll compliance and implementation methodology. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the payroll function across the entire process.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assistant Manager in Payroll Operate focused on implementation, you will provide project management support, testing management and cutover activities of global implementation and transition to our new global operate model. You will also drive or support our effort in continuous innovation, building our next generation payroll solutions, and enhance our project delivery tools. Capabilities include project management support, testing management, cutover support, data analytics, process design and procedure documentation.
· Managing small and medium US payroll projects or supporting large US payroll implementation projects, which will require ownership, project management, decisions and resolution, including the escalation of client, central support teams and internal country issues
· Provide/drive innovation and continuous improvement for our global payroll solutions or tools
· Working, directing and resolving questions from local countries by working with various central support teams and payroll software vendors
· Identifying opportunities to improve our project delivery tools and templates
· Building on technical competence by keeping up to date on global trends, developments and regulations and applying them to moderately complex situations and undertaking non-routine, complex project-type work as requested by clients
· Defining future process after Go live and stabilization
· Raise red flags on any delays during implementations
· Manage EY-internal stakeholders, client and vendor communications and relationships
· Prepare SOPs and workflow document for client payroll processing
· Work with other managers towards learned lessons and opportunities for improvements for future implementation
· Serving as a coach for team members as requested
Skills and attributes for success:
· US Payroll process knowledge (including implementation and recurring payroll operations)
· Testing management skills
· Data conversion reconciliation experience
· Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
· Payroll Parallel testing experience
· Project management skills
· Large payroll implementation project experience with ADP, PeopleSoft/Oracle, SAP, Workday, and other leading payroll technology solutions (SAP is preferred)
To qualify for the role, you must have:
· 5-7 years of US payroll processing experience (CPP is a plus; SAP experience is a plus)
· Bachelor’s degree and relevant post-graduate qualification, preferably with an emphasis in Sciences, MIS, Finance or Accounting
· US Payroll implementation
· Strong numbers acumen, including analytical abilities and proficient skills in Excel, MS Access, SQL Queries, or other leading data analytics tools in the market
· Experience in payroll integration with leading global HCM platform such as Workday, SAP HR, SuccessFactors or Oracle
· Excellent organizational skills with a proactive approach to problem solving and attention to detail
· Strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills, with a detail-oriented approach
· Willingness to travel as needed, and working in a balanced hybrid environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Project management professional (PMP)
· Benefit/HR integration project experience
· Working knowledge of GL reconciliation
· Payroll consulting experience as a senior functional consultant, testing lead and /or project manager for medium to large payroll projects
· Prior experience with client facing service industry
· Ready to work flexible schedule as per client requirements
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development opportunities and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused global payroll operate implementation team, this role is for you.
The salary range for this position in Stamford is: $69,800 - $104,800
The salary range for this position in Hartford is: $64,000 - $96,000
The salary range for this position in Denver is: $58,200 - $87,300
The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is: $58,200 - $87,300
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $58,200 to $96,000. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $69,800 to $109,100. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .