EY Data Architect - America's Tax Technology Group - Manager in Alpharetta, Georgia
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As part of our Americas Tax Technology Group (ATTG) you will be part of a technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. ATTG professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to collect financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports.
As a Data Architect in Architecture and Standards pillar you will proliferate your expertise across ATTG organization and coordinate with product teams, data users and key stakeholders to develop and achieve various long-term objectives. If you can't wait to take your skills to the next level and share your expertise with other brilliant technologists, this is where you belong.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Translation of the functional requirements and system specifications into the data architecture and detailed design specifications
• Creation, optimization, and maintenance of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
• Production of high-quality architecture deliverables in accordance with the product/program timeline.
• Analysis of information flow to recommend appropriate approach in support of business processes
• Documentation of proposed database architecture and design
• Analysis, mapping and administration of data sources and data movement to ensure appropriate quality
• Architecture of autonomous and self-governing data services with minimal human intervention in deployment and operation.
• Identification and monitoring of appropriate tools and systems to achieve all data technology objectives.
• Development of standards that typically include best practices observed from other technology rollouts and helping faster solutions development through repeatable actions or reusable components in new designs.
• Partnership with others inside and outside SSL and ATTG organization to gather all requirements to formulate the appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate, and when to compromise to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution
• Definition of robust data architecture for building new applications and releases, leveraging, and enhancing existing building blocks, or creating new reusable components
• Management of data across organization by overseeing and monitoring data models and structures
• Partnership with the governance bodies in ATTG to form part of the organization’s overall governance structure.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Demonstrated work experience as a Data Architect and Data Analyst
• Experience and accreditation with Microsoft Azure’s data platform including Data Factory, Purview, Synapse, Data Lake, Data Bricks, Analytics and Power BI.
• Experience with large scale LoB enterprise system design with Database multi-tenant design
• PowerBI Reporting Architecture and Design
• Experience with microservice based database architecture is a plus
• Strong working experience in data modeling
• In-depth understanding of database structure principles
• Experience designing data warehousing solutions
• Strong working experience designing ETL solutions
• Must have experience working with various architectural styles and patterns
• Hands-on experience in designing and implementing hybrid cloud solutions on Azure
• Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
• Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
• Expert-level knowledge of Relational Azure Database technologies
• Expertise with No-SQL databases such as Azure Cosmos DB
• Experience applying SAFe/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
• Architectural experience including use of UML and other Case tools
• Working experience in Information Architecture domain
• Skilled at communicating to people of all skills and roles in the organization, including very technical engineers and cost-conscious executives
• Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services.
• Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges
• Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective and handle interpersonal issues with tact and diplomacy
• The Data Architect is the self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision.
• Possesses excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• The senior role will be required to provide mentoring and leadership to more junior members of the team
• Ability to manage a team, including identifying and recruiting talent
The role will require occasional overnight travel. The role will also need to conform to regular demands of Tax including pre-busy season deployments
• 10+ years of industry experience
• Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in Information Architecture
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $76,700 to $175,000. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $92,000 to $198,900. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .