EY Quality Assurance and Governance Lead in Alpharetta, Georgia
Quality Assurance and Governance Lead
Core Business Services
Requisition # ALP002B4
Post Date Jun 03, 2021
Enterprise Technology (ET) provides reliable, secure and resilient technology services and solutions to support our 280,000 EY people. As part of Enterprise Technology, you’ll be at the forefront of enabling innovative technologies including emerging collaboration tools and top-tier technology infrastructure.
Our aim is to create a superior customer experience with clear investment in innovation, alongside operational excellence that delivers efficient, quality services and solutions. You will work with technologists and business experts to meet the increasing pace of our business. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The purpose of the Quality Assurance (QA) and Governance Leader is to direct and supervise all quality assurance and improvement activities across ET with the purpose of driving higher product and service quality, customer satisfaction and productivity. The quality assurance framework activities ensure ET quality standards are met by proactively inspecting and assessing operational and organization effectiveness across multiple core dimensions: product/services, operations, delivery, process, risk, and organization operate model.
The QA and governance leader also leads development and execution of the organization governance framework, providing a set of practices and controls enabling accountability, transparency, and collaboration across the organization to ensure ET is executing to the intended operate model across the multiple, core dimensions. This framework will leverage output from QA assessments (findings referral), continuous improvement programs and functional governance teams to enable ET leadership organizational / strategic decision making in key areas that may have positive or negative effects on the organizations overall purpose and ambition.
As a member of the Business Office team, you are responsible to both interact and collaborate across the ET organization to enable the success of QA and governance frameworks and also to manage, inform and facilitate purposeful discussion and decision making across the ET leadership teams. The leader will provide a proactive focus on continuous, measurable improvements to identify and address those areas where change is required to eliminate issues negatively impacting IT and it’s customer and where change positively impacts the business.
Your key responsibilities
• Responsible for the design, development and execution of the ET governance framework, tools, processes and approach
• Distills findings and governance data into state-of-the-organization summary data and identification of key decision points and considerations for ET leadership.
• Partners with functional governance teams to discuss and agree current state and desired actions; collaborates to develop strategic actions and plans for improvement
• Develops governance framework around the core dimensions: product/services, operations, delivery, process, risk, and organization operate model. In collaboration with QA framework process, develops quality standard expectations across these core dimensions and minimal required expectations.
• Responsible for leading policy life cycle management, including identification, development, approval, implementation and maintenance
• Recommends new and improves existing policy as needed based on industry experience and changing environments
• Responsible for the design, development and execution of the ET quality assurance and improvement frameworks, tools, processes and approach
• Develops / expands existing QA and improvement framework across the core dimensions of product/services, operations, delivery, process, risk, and organization operate model. Develops quality standard expectations across these core dimensions and minimal required expectations.
• Develops and owns findings referral repository, process to maintain, trending analysis, collaboration with improvement owners, and subsequent business drivers / realized value from improvement.
• Works collaboratively with / across all functions within ET and within EY Technology (product line, product family managers, service owners, operations / ESM teams, delivery / portfolio leads, and product managers)
• Partners with peer business unit service management and functional governance leaders to identify alignments and cross-BU opportunities to support and/or complement cross teams;
Skills and attributes for success
• Supervising and leading governance processes, distilling main leadership messages, identification of functional areas that require focus; management and oversight of outcomes and associated metrics to support this
• Facilitation and leading leadership discussion to cover organization currents state, focus areas and key decisions needed by the leadership team regarding governance and organizational oversite
• Proactively identifying and handling risks and issues, and leading a team to develop the risk management and issue management plans
• Anticipating problems before they occur; defining the risks; identifying the possible causes; working with cross-functional teams to identify solutions; selecting and implementing the most appropriate solutions
• Analytical skills and issue-resolution skills are needed to handle multiple factors simultaneously often in a complicated matrixed organization structure
• Leveraging a matrix-based team of geographically dispersed people to manage risk, drive improvement programs and management reporting accurately and within budget.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Expertise in quality assurance, assessment, audit process framework development, continuous improvement programs and execution/operations of such.
• In depth experience in creating a governance program, structure and approach within a large, global, professional services organization with proven track record.
• Strong analytical and communication skills, particularly to C-suite level management
• Strategic analyzer with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Experience developing, leading and facilitating senior executive decision-making processes
• Excellent understanding of the organization business operations and processes / procedures
• Leverage reporting and data trend analysis / predictive analytics to reinforce messaging and decision making; Develop and maximize business analytics, data and trends to proactively manage and meet leadership and process needs
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (including challenging negotiation)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – critical to be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrating the level of maturity to manage and lead by example and communicate effectively with business executives (usually Director and Partner grades)
• Demonstrable record of customer focus, based on openness, trust and delivering on promises
• Experience developing high performing teams in a highly matrixed and virtual organization
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Prior leadership role in IT quality assurance, audit, assessment, continuous improvement and governance in a professional services or consulting industry (preferred);
• 10+ years in a corporate IT environment
• 5+ years’ experience in IT or quality assurance / governance management
• 3-5+ years’ in a managerial role
• Certifications preferred but not required (CGEIT, COBIT, TQMP, CQIA, CQA, SAFe)
• Knowledge of Kaizen – continuous improvement is desirable
• Knowledge of ITIL and continuous service improvement would be advantageous
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.