EY UX Researcher in Alpharetta, Georgia
Core Business Services
Requisition # ALP002AJ
Post Date Mar 30, 2021
EY is a global leader in Advisory, Assurance, Tax, and Transaction Services. With over 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, the availability of skills and expertise is becoming more and more distributed. Within the End User Technology Experience team, we enable EY professionals around the world to meet the ever-changing and accelerated pace of business by delivering productivity and collaboration solutions empowering our employees to work together where they want and how they want.
The End User Technology User Experience team is looking for an experienced UX Researcher to organize and conduct traditional user research activities in support of active technology project initiatives and longer-term strategic efforts. This is a newly added position to meet the growing demand for services.
Your key responsibilities
Responsibilities are primarily centered around leading the design and execution of traditional research activities (e.g., surveys); while also including more User Experience-focused research methods such as usability testing, interviews.
• Consult on research and feedback needs with internal clients; determine methods consistent with business and customer goals and objectives.
• Lead the design, analysis, packaging, and publishing of survey results in partnership with internal customer feedback team.
• Track and report on product performance issues and resolutions closing the research loop with product teams
This opportunity includes running global research studies in the employee productivity space which has far-reaching impact contributing to EY’s vision of creating a better working world.
The majority of work is able to be successfully completed virtually even when offices open up.
We support a global employee base. It may be necessary to occasionally participate in meetings/research sessions outside of typical working hours. However we offer the flexibility needed to maintain appropriate work-life balance.
Skills and attributes for success
How your skills and experience will make an impact, followed by sub-headings:
To qualify for the role you must have
• 5-7 years experience in the field of customer/user experience; with an emphasis on research and customer feedback
• Strong knowledge in quantitative and qualitative research methods such as surveys, ethnographies, usability testing, card sorting, etc. With experience executing large market-level surveys. [examples requested]
• Strong verbal communication skills: interviewing, questioning, presenting.
• Strong written communication skills writing plans and testing results and trends
• Proven ability to synthesize lots of information and distill it into meaningful data
• Strong analytical and visualization skills to assess and present trends and patterns. [examples requested]
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Bachelors in Market Research, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Usability Engineering related field preferred
What we look for
A successful team member knows they are a leader, regardless of title and role. They are self-starters, can take initiative to keep work moving forward to a successful outcome. The team member can build effective working relationships in a virtual environment. They are flexible and able to navigate through times of ambiguity while helping to build needed processes and structures to drive improvements.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.