EY Data Architect in Atlanta, Georgia
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
ET CBS Digital Experience, Big Data Engineer, US, UKI
Enterprise Technology provides reliable, secure and resilient technology services and solutions to support over 300,000 EY people. As part of Enterprise Technology, you’ll be at the forefront of enabling innovative technologies including emerging collaboration tools and world-class technology infrastructure.
Our aim is to build an outstanding customer experience with clear investment in innovation, alongside operational excellence that delivers efficient, quality services and solutions. You will work with technologists and business specialists to meet the increasing pace of our business. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
You will help our internal customers navigate the complex world of modern data analytics. We’ll look to you to help our internal customers with a unique business perspective on how Big Data analytics can transform and improve their entire organization – starting with key business issues they face. This is a high growth, high visibility area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skillset and build your career.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend most of your time working with a wide variety of clients to deliver the latest big data technologies and practices to design, build and maintain scalable and robust solutions that unify, enrich and analyse data from multiple sources.
Skills and attributes for success
• Designing, Architecting, and Developing solutions leveraging big data technology (Open Source, AWS, or Microsoft) to ingest, process and analyze large, disparate data sets to exceed business requirements
• Unifying, enriching, and analyzing customer data to derive insights and opportunities
• Leveraging in-house data platforms as needed and recommending and building new data platforms and data applications based on solutions patterns as required to exceed business requirements
• Clearly communicating findings, recommendations, and opportunities to improve data systems and solutions
• Demonstrating deep understanding of big data technology, concepts, tools, features, functions and benefits of different approaches
• Seeking out information to learn about emerging methodologies and technologies
• Clarifying problems by driving to understand the true issue
• Applying data driven approach (KPIs) in tying technology solutions to specific business outcomes
• Collaborating, influencing, and building consensus through constructive relationships and effective listening
• Solving problems by incorporating data into decision making
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree and approximately eight (8) years of related work experience; or a master's degree and approximately five (5) years of related work experience
• At least 3 years hands-on experience with various Big Data technologies in one or more ecosystems: Open Source, Microsoft, or AWS:
o Experience architecting and designing data warehouses with a focus on customer profile data
o Strong data modelling and data skills
o Strong data analytics background designing and developing complex SQL queries
• Demonstrated experience developing data solutions using the Azure Microsoft cloud stack.
o Experience architecting solutions using Azure Functions Azure Blob Storage account, SQL Data Warehouse, Microsoft Event Hubs, Azure Databricks, Data Lake Analytics
• Experience with ETL/Batch and Near Real Time Processing
• Experience with Streaming Platforms (Kafka, spark, streamsets etc.) and Complex Event Processing
• Experience organizing, aggregating, querying, and analyzing large data sets
• Experience designing and development reporting dashboards using either Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire.
• Communication is essential, must be able to listen and understand the question and develop and deliver clear insights.
• Outstanding team player.
• Independent and able to manage and prioritize workload.
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and positively.
• A valid driver’s license in the US; willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Bachelor’s Degree or above in mathematics, information systems, statistics, computer science, or related disciplines
• Nice to have: Experience with Adobe Experience Platform or similar Customer Data Profile platform
• SaFE Agile methodology
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $98,100 to $178,100. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $117,100 to $202,400. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .