EY USA - SaT - Complex Securities - Intern - Summer 2022 in Atlanta, Georgia
USA - SaT - Complex Securities - Intern - Summer 2022
CA-Los Angeles, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, NC-Charlotte, NY-New York, VA-McLean
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Strategy and Transactions – VME – Complex Securities Valuation – Intern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our Complex Securities Valuation team members are dedicated to applying sophisticated techniques from corporate finance, financial engineering, and data analytics to assist clients in understanding and valuing complex financial securities. If you’re passionate about delivering the highest quality advice to clients, this rapidly growing team is perfect for you.
As an intern on our team, you’ll work on a broad variety of financial instruments and perform analyses for many purposes including assisting clients with corporate strategy, transaction support, and financial and tax reporting. You’ll be working in an intensive learning environment in which you’ll become a key team member developing new products and models, performing research and analyses, raising issues and challenging assumptions. In return we’ll support you throughout your Internship and offer you an outstanding environment in which to develop and make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a larger Valuation Solutions team that creates and delivers broad, analytics-enabled solutions that align to our client’s focus on corporate finance, strategy, buy and integrate or sell and separate decisions, and reshaping of results.
You will be seen as an expert in quantitative finance and in the valuation of complex financial instruments. As part of an innovative, cutting edge group that solves complex and challenging problems, you’ll hone your communication skills by becoming accustomed to presenting our complex analyses to audiences with highly diverse technical backgrounds. By joining our team, you’ll be part of a culture in which drive, enthusiasm, and the willingness to try new methods and approaches are the keys to success.
Your key responsibilities
· Advising clients on the valuation of complex financial instruments
· Conducting research of fixed income and equity market financial data as well as individual companies
· Developing valuation models, including binomial lattice and Monte Carlo simulation
· Using the proprietary valuation models for valuation of financial instruments, estimating market parameters and inputs for valuation models
· Analyzing financial instruments using data visualization tools, modern statistics, and machine learning techniques
· Presenting your results and findings to the team and clients
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
§ Have or be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as finance, mathematics, statistics, financial engineering, engineering or economics
§ Demonstrated aptitude for the quantitative and qualitative analysis of financial instruments, including options, warrants, fixed income securities and other derivatives
§ Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, R, MATLAB or VBA
§ Knowledge of Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, or Capital IQ is a plus
§ Experience in developing web-based applications and working with large datasets is a plus
§ Ability to work independently and as part of a team prioritizing multiple tasks, deadlines, and project stakeholders
§ The flexibility and willingness to travel occasionally
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning : You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Service Line/Business Area Strategy & Transactions