EY USA - Tax - Indirect Tax - Global Location Investment, Credits & Incentives - Staff - S/F 2022 in Atlanta, Georgia
USA - Tax - Indirect Tax - Global Location Investment, Credits & Incentives - Staff - S/F 2022
AZ-Phoenix, CA-Los Angeles, GA-Atlanta, OH-Grandview Heights
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax – Indirect Tax – Global Location Investment, Credits & Incentives- Staff
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our Global Location Investment, Credits and Incentives (GLICI) practice provides holistic site selection, location investment and government business incentives services to global and domestic clients
Our clients need objective advice related to location investment decisions both domestically and globally. They also need assistance understanding and applying the myriad economic development incentives for location, innovation, sustainability investments and more. GLICI plays a critical role as client advisors in strategic planning, location decisions and making positive societal change assisted by enabling client use of government grants, incentives and tax credits which are intended to spark positive societal change.
You’ll be an essential part of a team providing high-quality technical work to clients. You’ll balance your time between multiple tasks, supporting the team in research, collecting and analyzing data to inform client policy decisions, and advising clients related to sustainability taxes and sustainability grants, tax credits and incentives while building your foundational knowledge. As part of that, you’ll need to possess interpersonal skills, be able to absorb and observe, and be flexible in a changing environment.
Your key responsibilities
· Collecting, tabulating and analyzing large economic and demographic datasets for both internal and external project purposes
· Assisting in the production of research reports, including the creation of supporting summary tables, charts, graphics and maps
· Contributing to the writing, editing, and formatting of project reports and proposals
· Developing client deliverables such as location assessments, incentives analysis and documentation, tax and incentives analysis, benchmarking studies, requests for proposal from state and local economic development authorities, and tax and business cost modeling
· Delivering value to internal and external clients by identifying innovative and leading trends in location analysis and economic incentives by following federal, state and local legislative, statutory, and case law developments
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset . What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven . We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive . We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
· Qualifications .
A predicted degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Public Policy, Urban Planning or related field; master’s degree preferred
A demonstratable plan for passing the CPA exam, a US state Bar exam or other professional designation or equivalent foreign certification
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Interest in government/politics
Interest in environmental sustainability or LEED-certified professional status
Strong analytical and writing skills
Experience building dashboards using data visualization software, such as Tableau
Experience with federal, state and local incentives preferred
Site selection experience preferred
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
Service Line/Business Area Tax