EY Associate Consultant - Forensics - National - Investigations & Compliance - Bangalore in Bangalore, India
Associate Consultant - Forensics - National - Investigations & Compliance - Bangalore
Requisition # BAN00AY8
Post Date Apr 29, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Associate Consultant / Consultant – Anti-Money Laundering Compliance (AML)
EY is looking for Associate Consultant/ Consultant in Anti Money Laundering in the FIDS team. The incumbent will execute / independently client engagements related to AML investigations, AML system reviews, AML framework reviews, KYC due diligence & compliance reviews, fraud risk assessment, support including assistance in matters pertaining to financial issues like business interruption, etc.
Your key responsibilities
• Responsible for executing consulting projects in the areas of financial crime, governance, risk & compliance with focus on Know Your Client (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering Compliance (AML).
• Determine that the work delivered is of high quality.
• Anticipate and identify engagement related risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
• Actively establish client (process owner/functional heads) and internal relationships.
• Assist Managers in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives.
Your client responsibilities:
• Execution on client engagement - ensuring quality delivery as per engagement letter.
• Review of working papers and client folders. Suggest ideas on improving engagement productivity and identify opportunities for improving client service.
• Understand business & industry issues / trends. Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes to enable preparation of recommendations.
• Ensure compliance with engagement plans and internal quality & risk management procedures.
• Demonstrate an application & solution-based approach to problem solving technique.
• Manage the engagement budgets and support superiors in developing marketing collaterals, business proposals and new solution / methodology development.
• Develop strong working relationships with client (process owner/functional heads).
• Attention to detail and mentor young interns and analysts within the practice.
• Contribute to knowledge management sessions within the practice.
Skills and attributes for success
• Should have been involved in developing or reviewing or assessing AML program areas of a financial institution
• Should have knowledge and experience in developing AML alert scenarios, reviewing existing alert scenarios (including recalibrating them) or KYC/CDD assessments (reviews, remediation projects).
• Knowledge and experience of AML platform applications and tools such as Actimize, Oracle OFSAA / Mantas, Detica / Norkom, Fircosoft, FICO etc. Knowledge of systems integration, data/scenarios analysis, or technical development on these applications preferred
• Experience in creating Customer Risk Assessment and Product Risk Assessment frameworks would be beneficial.
• Should have broad understanding of AML concepts and be able to demonstrate understanding of latest trends and developments in the area of AML (eg FATF standards, Wolfsberg principles)
• Should have a functional understanding of money transfer mechanism and methods such as wire transfers and AML monitoring relating to these.
• Knowledge of specialized AML scenarios such as those required for detection of Trade-based money laundering would be an added advantage
To qualify for the role you must have
• Chartered Accountant/Masters in Business Administration
• ACAMS certified preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in the area of AML Compliance
• Possesses working knowledge and experience of the AML tools such as:
o Lexis Nexis
o SAS AML
o World Check
o Mantas / OFSAA
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.