EY Manager - Tax - National - Tax ACR 1 - Bangalore in Bangalore, India
Manager - Tax - National - Tax ACR 1 - Bangalore
Requisition # BAN009TH
Post Date Feb 01, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Assistant Manager – Accounting Compliance and Reporting
EY is looking for Assistant Manager in ACR. The candidate will be required to manage and monitor day to day operations related to client’s engagements, possess complete knowledge of managing core Accounting, Payroll & compliance functions.
Your key responsibilities
• Work for maintaining a portfolio of clients, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines.
• Ensure proper and timely accounting, periodic closing, MIS / dashboard for activity tracking / deliverables to clients.
• Working knowledge of tax provisions from accounting perspective viz TDS, Payroll compliances, Advance tax computation etc.
• Periodic review of General ledger, books of account to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Ability to plan and prepare schedule for financial closing for multiple clients / a large client.
• Preparation of Financial statements, Tax Audit report and related schedules along with relevant back up.
• Lead and Manage end to end audit for the client including liaison with Auditors & clients, follow up for audit issues and implement corrective action if any.
Skills and attributes for success
Technical skills requirements:
• Good knowledge on capitalization, computation of depreciation under companies Act and Income tax act, various tax provisions for assets etc.
• Knowledgeable on IGAAP, accounting and related aspects.
• Exposure to IndAS is desirable.
• Well versed with IGAAP. Experience in reparation of Financial Statements, Tax Audit.
• Experience in MIS.
• Strong Accounting & Payroll Knowledge, should be well versed in all statutory compliances
• Strong Excel, Power Point skills
Additional skills requirements:
• Self-starter who is target-driven and motivated - must be comfortable to work in a matrix organization and a target oriented environment.
• Strong logical and analytical skills
• Tech savvy and have a flair for process automation for efficiency etc.
• Stakeholder management - multifaceted with an ability to manage multiple clients for accounting, Standalone Financial statements, Tax audit etc.
• Good oral and written communication skills for liaison with client, client partners, statutory auditors and other stakeholders.
• Should be a team player with a proactive & result oriented approach
• Problem solving and conflict management skills.
• Work experience on SAP / ERP environment
To qualify for the role you must have
• A Chartered Accountant (additional qualification will be an added advantage) with 7 to 10 years of work experience in core finance & payroll function
• Should have the ability to work in a matrix organization
• Exposure in managing client facing finance team (preferably in a consulting organization or well diversified Industry experience) will be an added advantage
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.