EY PATS DevOps - Cloud Enablement - Associate Director in Bangalore, India
PATS DevOps - Cloud Enablement - Associate Director
Core Business Services
Requisition # BLR0007W
Post Date Mon 04 Jun 07:58
These are exciting times, and in our relentless focus to build a better working world , we are embracing the world of products, cloud and scale to help us serve our clients more effectively and efficiently. We have refocused our Technology teams to work exclusively on client technologies while embarking on the journey of multi-tenant, frictionless, global, cloud-based & scalable products. If you take great professional pride in inventing and presenting products that delight an ever evolving and very discerning user base, love to solve problems with technology, design & code while coaching & mentoring super smart engineers then you should seriously consider applying.
Essential Functions of the Job:
As a Technologist @EYT, you will be in the thick of things! You will work on the most difficult & fun phases of product engineering, including :
· Designing, building & productionizing components that will grow in capability while being multi-tenant, global, scalable & highly available
· Collaborate with technology teams across E&Y Service Lines helping them implement a productized strategy, consuming existing components while also greatly enhancing velocity of products through reuse!
· Design strategies and tools to deploy, monitor, and administer Cloud applications and the underlying services for Cloud (Azure, Private Cloud)
· Architect and implement DevSecOps processes and CI/CD pipelines using tools like VSTS, Jira, VersionOne
· Design strategies and tools for automating infrastructure provisioning through Infrastructure as code paradigm and tools like Azure ARM Templates or Terraform
· Scout the technology landscape for emerging technologies, patterns and solutions that can benefit EY Technology & our customers (existing and new)
You will also have a lot of fun innovating on Products & Technology, including :
· Drive a culture of product experimentation in Engineering & Business through events like hackathons!
· Evaluate technology and tools to enable the product ecosystem in E&Y
· Evaluate and enhance ROI through experiments and bets on technologies and components
· Partner with the product managers to enhance the quality and usability of the products built with EY Technology& collaborate with Product Marketing to drive greater traction to products / features!
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Be very strong in algorithms, data structures, problem solving, building to scale by leveraging cloud computing
· Handle ambiguity and able to move forward with imperfect information and get things done in a rapidly changing environment
· Must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are challenged;
· Should possess good product instinct and excellent project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution
· Astute in aligning effort & resources to achieve desired results
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Expert in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Rackspace, VMware, or OpenStack)
· Expert understanding of software engineering concepts such as: multithreading, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, high performance and scalable components
· Strong expertise in DevOps, Agile methodologies, CI/CD,and tools like VSTS, Jira
· Experience with automation tools and methods – ARM templates, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
· Deep understanding of Application and Infrastructure architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc
· Deep experience with software and product development lifecycle (incl. coding, coding standards and reviews, source control, testing, debugging, build, deployment and operations)
· Experience in front end / UI technologies including frameworks such as React/Angular.js
· Expert in REST / Webservices (with high performance, multi-tenancy, global, scalable elements)
· Fluent in a scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, Shell, complex regular expressions (regex)
· Experience in SQL, XML, JSON, Linux, ELK stack, Splunk, Solr, GIT, Ant/Maven, Jenkins
· Familiarity with Data Ingestion, Analytics, AI technologies (preferable on Azure)
· Experience in distributed large scale systems such as Hadoop/HDFS, Kafka
· Experience with Analytics, Data Visualization, end to end application monitoring / alerting, exposure to Machine Learning is a strong plus
· Prioritizes deadlines and provides supervision to their global engineering team
· Sets and monitors goals and assess overall performance of team members and actively participates in Design & Code reviews
· Provides formal and informal coaching on-the-job to grow team members to their full potential.
· Responsible for assigning work and reviewing performance, requiring leadership of virtual teams
· Strong influencing skills are required to work with other departments or leaders and encourage effective feedback for all team members with stakeholders
· Receives general direction from leadership of the Product Architecture & Technology Strategy group
Regular international and domestic travel. Reasonable extension of the working day should be expected commensurate with the needs to fulfil the obligations of the role
(What is the minimum level of education needed/suggested to perform this job?)
· Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS or related field from a Tier 1 school (example. IIT, IIIT, BITS, NIT, MIT, Stanford etc)
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent from a Tier 1 school (example. IIT, IIIT, BITS, NIT, MIT, Stanford etc)
· 10+ years of deep technology experience at very large web scale product companies with significant experience in interacting with senior leaders and global C-level management
· Atleast 5 years at very large web scale product companies, with proven success in designing & delivering product features – from concept to traffic & scale
· You are Glocal , ie.
o Can coordinate / collaborate with teams & stakeholders in multiple geographies
o Manage teams with participants in multiple geographies.
o Can quickly form strong working relationships with colleagues within and outside your location
· Solid business acumen, management and marketing communication skills
· Significant experience in presenting ideas, papers, patents to varied audiences