EY SBP Operations Lead in Bangalore, India
SBP Operations Lead
Core Business Services
Requisition # BEN004AS
Post Date Apr 16, 2018
The SBP Operations Lead is a senior level position requiring a highly motivated dedicated professional who is committed to exemplary customer service. The SBP Operations Lead will have operational management responsibilities for a team of support engineers, release management, service management, QA and engaged 3rd parties. This individual will drive stable operations for applications under their responsibility. Applications can reside in EY or vendor data centers or be SaaS offerings. Responsibilities include driving the standardization and automation of processes and procedures, coordinating the integration of people from different countries and cultures into one virtual team and drawing on experience in applying ITIL service management knowledge while working closely with other IT Services functions to adjust operational work on multiple demands.
He/she performs operational and Level 1-3 support for production application platforms. Day to day work will include troubleshooting issues, documentation, and consultation to other teams, and contribute to the strategic direction of the respective application(s) within their portfolio. Additionally, the SBP Operations Lead is accountable for the planning and execution of changes/releases/upgrades to the application environments. He/she demonstrates in-depth knowledge of key business processes, products and services, within agreed areas of expertise. The SBP Operations Lead is accountable for the end-to-end delivery of operational programs and operational projects to meet customer needs, and responsible for customer relationships across their span of control.
As SBP Operations Lead, they will be responsible for:
• Leading a team of geographically dispersed resources to deliver operational support within budget for the Shared Business Platforms portfolio
• Maintaining end-to-end accountability for customer satisfaction and overall delivery excellence within the Shared Business Platforms portfolio
• Work with their teams to determine necessary activities to successfully deliver projects and operational support.
• Ensure that the right type and number of resources that are required to fulfill the planned projects operational support needs are available and in place
• Delivering customer satisfaction and overall excellence by identifying opportunities (or issues) and assisting with speedy resolution
• Understanding the pipeline of demand and ensure an appropriate supply of resources
• Responsible for financial management and reporting and optimizing processes
- Reponsible for innovation and continual improvement
Key responsibilities (analytical/decision making/supervisory):
• Must be able to work within a matrix organization – balancing the needs of the customer against firm initiatives and goals
• Must make decisions, such as prioritizing relationships to develop, negotiating with customers and overcoming obstacles
• Manage / navigate multiple teams to deliver operational support and project support in alignment with customer needs with transparency to IT Services and customer stakeholders.
• Identify, manage and resolve complex issues, preventing escalations, where possible
• Manage, negotiate and resolve risks effectively
• Demonstrate, by example, in-depth knowledge of the EY competency principles and practices, including coaching, learning and mentoring
• Leader and team player – sets example for others to follow
• Create an open, honest, accountable and collaborative team environment
• Operate as an empowering leader; makes others look great
• IT Management - Takes responsibility for the design, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of IT infrastructure components and monitors their performance. Provides technical management of an IT operation, ensuring that agreed service levels are met and all relevant procedures are adhered to. Schedules and supervises all maintenance and installation work. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved. Provides appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers. Ensures that operational procedures and working practices are fit for purpose and current.
• Financial Management - Monitors and maintains all required financial records for compliance and audit to all agreed requirements. Assists all other areas of IT with their financial tasks, especially in the areas of identification of process, service, project and component costs and the calculation and subsequent reduction of all IT service, project, component and process failures.
• Change Management - Develops implementation plans for dealing with more complex requests for change, evaluates risks to integrity of infrastructure inherent in proposed implementations, seeks authority for those activities, reviews the effectiveness of change implementation, and suggests improvement to organizational procedures governing change management. Leads the assessment, analysis, development, documentation and implementation of changes based on requests for change.
• Release and Deployment - Leads the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk. Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress. Conducts post release reviews. Ensures release processes and procedures are applied.
• Application Support - Reviews and approves procedures and documentation for applications support. Manages application enhancements to improve business performance. Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
• IT Operations - Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures. Contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work. Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures. Provides reports and proposals for improvement to specialists, users and managers.
• Problem Management - Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s). Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures analyzes patterns and trends.
• Incident Management - Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve incidents in systems and services. Ensures that the inventory of components to be supported is complete and current. Drafts and maintains policy, standards and procedures for the service desk and incident management.
• Information Security Management - Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve security incidents in systems and services. Ensures that applications and operational support activities comply with EY’s Code of Connection and Information Security policies.
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements:
• 7-10 years of experience in Information Systems in a related role, with tangible, relevant and demonstrated managerial experience in application management environment
• 3+ years of experience working with ServiceNow in a technical\operations capacity
• Strong understanding of technology including networks, storage systems, servers, operating systems, application, database & web platforms
• Good business acumen and ability to negotiate with business partners
• Strong customer orientation and able to manage customer expectations
• Ability to adhere to strategic operational plans and translate them to actionable roadmaps
• Good financial and people leadership skills
• Initiates, builds and maintains productive customer relationships
• Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
• Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people to balance demands
• Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure, such as restoration of services
• Outstanding management, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Qualifications, certifications and education requirements:
• A degree in Computer Science and/or a business related degree; or equivalent work experience
• 7 to 10 years in a corporate IT environment working with multiple disciplines to provide operational support in line with customer needs
• Significant experience in incident / problem management. Project/program management would be beneficial
• Other relevant experience in customer service and/or business management roles
• Work experience in professional services industry preferred
• Certifications in Program / Project Management and Project Assurance would be beneficial to performing this role
• Familiarity with ITIL v3 required