EY Senior Associate_Digital Content Editor in Bangalore, India
Senior Associate_Digital Content Editor
Core Business Services
Requisition # IND00C7R
Post Date 5 days ago
The GDS Digital Editor is responsible for editing, optimizing and publishing content for our flagship website, ey.com. S/he also helps oversee the transformation of content into digital formats so that it provides a compelling and engaging content experience that is consistent with firm guidelines, and helps drive overall traffic/usage.
The primary functions and skills needed for this position include the ability to edit documents into streamlined digital experiences; the ability to write effective web copy, including engaging teasers, headlines and use of digital media that drive traffic to knowledge sites/platforms; and the ability to conceive how digital content in different formats (e.g., text, video, interactive, blogs) may enhance the user experience. This role will work with others in the team to translate these ideas into practical results and to ensure the overall production & distribution of content is timely as per agreed timelines.
Purpose of the Job:
• Edit and publish content for ey.com
• Check that the experience and pages follows the editorial guidance, UX & design guidance and visual identity
• Ensure that the pages have proper tagging, alt text, page properties, functioning links and modules
• Write teasers and site copy that are engaging, brand-compliant and search engine-optimized
• Cross-promote content to related site sections, site homepage, and social media; provide insight on optimal cascade of content to country sites
• Work collaboratively with other digital teams and stakeholders as relevant
• Ensure compliance with web templates, design, and editorial guidelines
• Develop ideas to enhance these sites; share ideas and innovation to improve content development processes
• Analyze metrics to determine effectiveness of content approach; act on these to improve site sections
• Successfully juggle competing priorities, multiple projects
• Act as a digital content advisor to stakeholders and other project requesters on the most effective approaches and methods of implementation to achieve their strategic goals via the functional areas.
• Make editorial decisions that achieve the business objectives, without detailed direction by the client.
• Rapidly solve problems and make decisions to achieve timely execution
• Recognize potential issues and make decisions throughout a project that balance the need to meet a deadline and still meet the original requirements of the project.
• Identify opportunities for repurposing content for additional audiences or to add convenience for the consumption of the message by the target audience
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Strong understanding of digital content and publishing best practices
• Demonstrate the ability to write effective web copy, including engaging teasers, headlines and tweets that drive traffic
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt global content to local audiences, ensuring high relevance
• Demonstrate excellent US English written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate strong relationship management skills in advising and guiding stakeholders on digital editing and writing best practices
• Demonstrate strong cross-promotion skills, with an ability to relate content items across site pages and sections for relevant audiences
• Demonstrate search engine optimization skills, with a knowledge of leading practices; be able to adapt writing and content editing for search engines
• Must be able to work independently, complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-pace environment.
• Strong project and time management ability.
• Strong influencing skills
• Works and teams effectively with clients and other personnel
• Experience with content management systems
• Take the initiative; be proactive in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
• Quickly define challenges, collect input, conduct assessments, draw conclusions and solve problems
• Demonstrate skill at managing conflict toward resolution
• Be willing to challenge the status quo using diplomacy as required