EY Senior Consultant - Tax - TMT - Global Compliance & Reporting - Bangalore in Bangalore, India
Senior Consultant - Tax - TMT - Global Compliance & Reporting - Bangalore
Requisition # BAN009I0
Post Date Jan 18, 2021
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
What working at EY offers :
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. Additionally we offer
• The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
• A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
• Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
• An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
Senior Consultant - DT , Bangalore
The business and tax landscapes have changed dramatically, and the pace and complexity of change continues to increase. We help you navigate this shifting landscape. Governments are tempering the need for revenue with increased competition for labor and capital. Tax authorities are adapting their enforcement strategies, focus and policies in response to the changing dynamics of business. Companies are balancing competing priorities, ensuring they maintain compliance while adding value and help to effectively manage tax obligations by uncovering tax risks and opportunities.
As an direct tax services professional at Ernst & Young, you will handle engagements related to Direct Tax Laws, Appeals, Corporate Tax restructuring, Tax Advisory and consulting. Profile will also involve dealing with International Tax and treaties related matter and handling FEMA/RBI compliance. Good inter-personal skills, marketing skills and good acumen of client business is essential.
Your key responsibilities
• Client Service Delivery Execution - Executes the work on a multiple client base. Assumes near independent responsibility for smaller clients. Develops rapport with middle layers of client management.
• Develops commercial acumen- Stays abreast of firmwide and competitor activities and general business trends. Brings value to the client and manager by applying this knowledge in delivering solutions to clients
• Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager. Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients.
• Spot new business opportunities within his portfolio of clients and informs the manager.
• Effective implementation and review of work programs. Updates the manager proactively on issues of pricing, overruns, etc.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Chartered Accountant / LLB
• 2 - 4 years of post—qualification experience in Direct Tax.
• Display teamwork, integrity and leadership. Work with team members to set goals and responsibilities for specific engagements. Foster teamwork and innovation.
• Drive performance management for self and team.
• Utilize technology & tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
• Understand EY and its service lines. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas.
• Conduct workshops and technical training sessions for team members. Contribute to the learning & development agenda.