EY Solution Architect for Integration -Assistant Director in Bangalore, India
Solution Architect for Integration -Assistant Director
Core Business Services
Requisition # BLR0009Y
Post Date Sep 04, 2018
The Solution Architect for Integration Architectures will partner with business architects and analysts, to understand enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
In partnership with the IT leadership team, identify opportunities and risks for architecting the company's products, applications and infrastructure solutions, including identification of competitive services and opportunities for innovation.
In partnership with other architects, facilitate the evaluation and selection of candidate software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
Review responses to RFPs and proposed solutions for feasibility of architectural requirements and compliance with client standards and policies.
Consult with other members of the extended architecture team to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs and/or request an exception to architecture standards.
Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture, technology trends) and financial impact of the proposed solution.
Responsible for the end to end design and implementation of products and services in the portfolios to include design, development and delivery of a set of complex applications to meet specific business needs. Participate in sessions relating to capacity planning and installation of/migration to technologies. Define best practices in the critical evaluation and selection or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data.
Leverage reference architecture libraries to develop detailed component specifications that meet project specific needs.
Produce architecture design for particular initiatives/projects and needs by keeping in mind architectural principles like high quality, performance, modularity, availability, reliability, scalability, integrity of the solution.
Requires ability to communicate to development teams to ensure downstream agile/other team handoffs .Deep understanding of MicroServices, SOA, BPM, Web Services, System Integration, API Space, Design Patterns, Data Management, Databases, BI, IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture principles.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in variety of environments
· Interactions with various levels if IT and client serving teams.
· Expertise on development of On-Premise to Cloud Integrations, Micro Services and API Development.
· Work alongside and under the guidance of Technical, Enterprise Architects, Leads and Senior Project Managers and should be able to present in Architecture forums / boards
· Understand the business needs, helping business in process re-architecting and providing scalable solutions.
· Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment
· Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
· Excellent people skills
· Excellent awareness of different cultures and working practices across the regions
· Good presentation skills with ability to present material clearly and concisely to senior and/or executive management
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Lead Architect in Integrations, SOA, Micro Services Architecture, API Management
· Experience in architecting complex cloud solutions with one or more of the following - AWS, Azure, Google Engine, Digital Ocea
· Experience with Linux platforms including CentOS, Ubuntu Redhat Enterprise Linux or Fedora
· Hands-on experience architecting, designing and implementing microservices solutions utilizing container-based technologies including Docker, Swarm, Compose and Kubernetes
· Hands-on experience integration experience with enterprise integration products including TIBCO, webMethods, Oracle, MuleSoft, IBM WebSphere, JBoss Fuse, WSO2, Apache Camel
· Over 10 years of advanced integration experience with industry standard messaging products including ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, IBM/MQ, other JMS based products and Apache Kafka
· Know-how of Micro services architecture principles. SOA, Middleware experience.
· Prior hands-on experience in developing Middleware, SOA and Java Services
· Experience using and developing RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON
· Hands On experience with event-based and message-driven distributed system
· Expert level programming skills in Java, Know-how of Micro Services Principles
· Strong familiarity with web servers and load balancing technologies.
· Familiarity with security principles using SSL protocols and SSO Use cases using SAML
· Experience in moving workloads from SOA/BPEL Processes to Micro services
· Hands-on strong J2EE/.NET background, Web Service (REST), API Development
· Broad understanding of global environments, including regional issues and differences.
· Experience creating solution architecture deliverables like system context, use cases, other and integrating these deliverable with other requirements deliverables/teams (e.g. requirements, process documents and others).
· Well-versed with Deployment strategies for distributed and multi-tiered applications. Knowledgeable in Network Deployment Architectures, Load balancing, Clustering.
· Demonstrated experience working with a distributed international team, across cultures and time zones with minimal supervision
· Experience with IT architecture development
· Strong ability to interact with all levels of the organization
· Meet business objectives, solve business problems and further business success by applying industry, applications and technical knowledge through the definition of high level solutions. In addition he/she may work proactively with the business to define new product developments.
Additional skills requirements:
· Should possess excellent presentation skills
· Must demonstrate leadership in a dynamic, fast paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills.
· Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
· Ability to work independently in a global organization within the context of a virtual team.
· Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in client operational environments.
· Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business.
· A self-starting individual with a strong work ethic capable of planning and managing own time effectively. Ability to perform under pressure and to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
· Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results. Displays motivation, commitment, perseverance and conscientiousness
· Customer focused with ability to identify and understand customer's needs.
· Fluent English skills in speech and writing.
· Assertive in potentially difficult situations, engaging diplomacy where necessary.
· Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
· Able to think laterally to consider options which will optimize the requirements of the business.
· Excellent documentation skills.
· Self-supporting and independent attitude.
· Be comfortable with ambiguity and work to reduce this ambiguity wherever possible within all work output
· Experience of working in large green field programs.
· Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
· Establishes functional objectives and delegates assignments.
· Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and team members.
· Due to our global organization and global operating model there may be cross border reporting lines (no direct team lead within the country).
· This position may have direct reports in different locations.
· Your manager may be based in another country.
· As this is a role with global focus and responsibilities, you may be required to work outside of the normal working hours in your time zone in order to partner with other IT Services staff globally. This role may also include travel, both domestic and international.
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
· Strong academic foundation and solid Programming Skills
· Proven ability to architect solid architectural solutions.
· Experience of IT service business and architecture of multi-year managed services
· 8-12 years plus of demonstrable enterprise level IT delivery experience
· Strong client facing / consultancy skills
· Experienced in product/offerings architecture
· Have experience in analyzing client needs and delivering solutions, technology and architecture design and support to managed services in a sales cycle / Pre-sales.
· Be proficient in assessing options (e.g. risk, performance and cost-benefit) and informing decision-makers with persuasive visualizations based upon assessment outputs.
· TOGAF Certified
· Open CA Level 1 Certified
· Leading SAFe Certified
· SAFe for Teams Certified