EY Advisory - Risk - Actuarial - Senior in Beijing, China
Advisory - Risk - Actuarial - Senior
Requisition # BEI001L0
Post Date Oct 29, 2018
In today’s complex business environment, developing a sound strategy using global insight and local reach is critical. As an actuarial professional, you’ll work closely with clients’ actuarial functions to assess their effectiveness and help them identify opportunities for improvement. Working alongside talented colleagues as part of a high-performing team, you’ll help clients adopt new financial reporting standards and support mergers and acquisitions.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a truly global integrated network, you’ll liaise with colleagues and clients across sectors and borders. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
• Compile and verify data from clients, prepare data for various levels of actuarial analysis, and for the broking and client management team
• Certifying actuary roles for statutory returns
• Embedded value and appraisal valuations #LI-FIR
• IFRS 17 related: participated in IFRS 17 project and Prophet modeling implementation
• Financial modelling work including valuation, EV, ALM, MCEV, pricing, etc.
• Insurance consulting work including business plan, capital allocation and management information system design
• Participate in traditional actuarial projects such as valuation, pricing, financial reports.
• Participate in non-traditional actuarial projects such as solvency and capital management, risk qualification, data analytics
• Assist in development, maintenance and enhancement of various tools in actuarial pricing, workflow efficiency enhancement, or for client delivery
• Maintain close communication with clients and client managers to clarify project requirements, provide professional advice and solutions accordingly
• Prepare analytics reports or other documents as and when required
• Deliver presentations to clients in meetings and market seminars
• Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge on statistics, actuarial science, and regulatory regime in the region
• Supervise junior actuaries to perform the above tasks
• University education or above
• At least 2 years’ experience in insurance company or actuarial consulting firm
• Skilled user of at least one type of actuarial software, preferably Moses, Prophet or Axis
• Good performer in Actuarial professional exams, ASA will be a plus
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, team management experience is a plus
• Fluent English speaking is a must
• Good influencing skills and leadership potential
• Good problem solving and decision making skills
• Well organized and a team player