EY Tax Senior Services Manager - EDGE - GCR - Global Payroll Operate - Implementation in Boston, Massachusetts
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: New York, NY (Primary), Boston, MA, Philadelphia, PA, Washington, DC, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA
Tax Services Senior Manager – National Tax – EDGE – Global Compliance & Reporting – Global Payroll Operate - Implementations
Ernst & Young LLP’s National Tax and EY EDGE practices are made up of teams of professionals providing specific tax technical services to US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes the EY organization in the marketplace.
Our Global Payroll Operate practice focuses on helping our clients effectively manage their global payroll needs proactively and responsibly in 150+ countries. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their payroll functions. We believe that by managing clients’ payroll obligations, we can make a critical difference, and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive local payroll service experience with a standard global payroll compliance and implementation methodology. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the payroll function across the entire process.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager in Payroll Operate focused on implementation, you will help lead global payroll implementations for large global clients. You will supervise the design, implementation and smooth transition to new global payroll operate model for our large clients. You will also drive or support our effort in continuous innovation, building our next generation payroll solutions, and enhance our project delivery tools. Capabilities include medium to large payroll project management, risk control, process design and procedure documentation. Governance of payroll implementation is key, and you will lead the global country teams utilizing our one global methodology throughout our global payroll implementation life cycle to mitigate project risk.
· Be the global project manager for large-sized clients and implementations, which will require strong ownership, project management, issue and risk controls, decisions tracking, status reporting and deliverable management, including the escalation of client, central project support teams and internal country issues
· Provide governance oversight to global implementation managers of small or medium size clients
· Manage project escalations and ask/refer to global or area implementation leaders for help
· Know and utilize global methodology payroll leading practices
· Be involved in thought leadership development
· Provide/drive innovation and continuous improvement for our EY global payroll tools
· Identify opportunities to improve our project delivery tools and templates
· Leverage Global Payroll Operate tools, technology, methodology and processes
· Coach and mentor junior implementation team members
Skills and attributes for success:
· Ability to implement centrally managed global outsourcing model, leveraging the global payroll tools to provide clients with greater control, visibility and compliance for their global payroll
· Manage client relationship and become trust advisor for the client
· Governance of payroll operations: lead the team utilizing one global methodology to track the end-to-end process and provide subsidiary governance throughout our client life cycle to mitigate risk, increase corporate transparency, increase compliance and achieve the leveraging of key data insights
· Managing, coaching and developing a team of senior and staff professionals
· Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to detail
· Project management skills
· Testing Management sills
· Excellent communication, presentation and client service skills
To qualify for the role, you must have:
· Bachelor’s degree and relevant post-graduate qualification, preferably with an emphasis in Sciences, Business or Finance
· Ten or more years of relevant payroll project and/or project management experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
· Should be certified in one of the following:
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP qualificiation from the Society for Human Resource Management
· PHR, SPHR or GPHR
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
· Large HR and Payroll implementation project experience by working with major technology vendors, such as ADP, Oracle, SAP, Workday and other leading technology solutions
· Strong numbers acumen, including analytical abilities and knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Excellent managerial, organizational and verbal/written communication skills with a proactive approach to problem solving and attention to detail
· Project management experience with large HR/Payroll projects
· Candidates with active PMP certification strongly preferred
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development opportunities and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused global payroll operate team, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $81,500 to $186,300. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $97,800 to $211,800. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .