EY Knowledge Platform Product Manager in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Knowledge Platform Product Manager
Core Business Services
Requisition # BUE001OR
Post Date May 15, 2018
The Knowledge Platform Application Manager is responsible for the overall management of one or more technology solutions for EY Knowledge. In particular this position is expected to manage the solutions in line with the EY Knowledge strategy, ensure that solutions fit consistently within the integrated suite of technology enablers, as appropriate, that the solutions operate as designed and are of high quality. This position is also responsible for the successful deployment of these solutions.
Supporting the domain Knowledge Leader and Knowledge managers, this position provides consultative guidance on technology for the application sponsor.
This position will also initiate, plan, and execute projects (moderately complex), leading mid-sized project teams (virtual, matrix) to success, applying effective project management processes, including management of stakeholder expectations, communications, and scope management.
Purpose of the Job:
• Work closely and collaboratively with domain Knowledge Leaders and domain stakeholders to plan, validate and develop solution strategy
• Collaborate across and with Research & Insights to drive a seamless and integrated knowledge capability to the business
• Manage project scope variance(s), anticipate time and budget overruns, and communicate appropriately any project-related challenges.
• Apply advanced principles and concepts to a wide range of work in a complex functional area; duties are varied in scope and require a broad knowledge base to perform.
• Perform with a good understanding of the product’s full range of functionality and a working familiarity with technology tools and services.
• Identify ambiguities with reported problems and proactively prescribe solutions to the issues.
• Recommend courses of action and manage relationships for positive progress.
• Provide detailed review of development solutions and schedules; review and test product upgrades prior to being placed in production environment.
• Act as a project manager for medium-sized projects, or oversee portions of major or complex projects. Demonstrate solid understanding of scope, schedule and planning; advanced understanding of time management, resource management cost management.
• Gather user/stakeholder input
• Build the business case, secure executive support and funding
• Assemble formal business requirements and generate prioritization
• Manage application-related projects for the product family supported
• Design and develop new / enhance current solution
o Conduct test planning and execute UAT / pre-production testing
o Coordinate business readiness activities
o Plan measurement and analytics outputs
• Deploy solution
o Conduct post-production validation
o Monitor innovative trends and external market changes
• Tune, test, and reconfigure solution
• Research industry best practices, vendors, and assess competitive positioning
• Create and manage platform engagement best practices, success stories & related activities
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Determines priorities (and processes) needed to achieve business objectives and ensures these are aligned to collaboration strategies
• Adheres to all firm policies, guidelines and standards in relation to responsible use of collaboration platforms and solution configuration
• Understands the firm’s go-to-market strategy and service delivery models, how core business services support the business, and how knowledge enables exceptional client service and high performing teams.
• Understands EY Vision 2020 and Knowledge Transformation, and ensures key digital knowledge platform strategies are aligned to them.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• In-depth understanding of complex technology tools products and services.
• Strong project and product management skills. Ability to prepare detailed instructions/guidance and to manage projects. Able to manage multiple medium to complex projects simultaneously.
• Ability to learn new things quickly, to thrive on change and to strive for continuous improvement.
• Good teamwork and mentoring skills
• Good sense of operational efficiency, judgment, tact, and decision-making ability.
• Good executive presence to influence senior level executives throughout EY
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Understanding of the business and demonstrated commercial acumen using commercial language that presents knowledge activities in the context of business objectives
• Ability to demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills to talk about knowledge programs in a clear, compelling manner with a professional/executive presence
• Able to complete multiple mid-sized projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Receives moderate supervision from function leaders
• Effectively influences and directs the activities of individuals in other parts of the organization