EY FY23 - Tax Services Senior Analyst - Financial Services Organization - EDGE - ITTS-GTIS in Charlotte, North Carolina
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
This position can be anywhere in the US as it is a remote role!
Our Financial Services EY EDGE practice is made up of a team of professionals providing dedicated tax technical services to both US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, you’ll be at the heart of EY’s critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute — building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Senior Analyst works with our Global Tax Investing Services (GTIS) team in supporting clients that invest globally with respect to certain tax consequences of cross border trading. The Senior Analyst will support client engagements by participating in day-to-day interactions with team members, providing a quality work product and driving delivery of services to meet deadlines. The Senior Analyst is responsible for the delivery of quality-assured reports and data. The individual may be involved with any of the following: the receipt of client information, cleansing client data, running client reports using our technology and automation, researching third party websites for global withholding tax changes around the world, creating and updating tax matrices, drafting and publishing withholding tax alerts, drafting foreign tax forms and assisting with passive foreign investment company (PFIC) calculations.
• Perform data analytics and process files which can include amending, updating and creating new information from that data that is typically sent to external clients
• Conduct QA on all client deliverables ensuring accuracy and completeness, including independently troubleshooting and addressing errors that may occur
• Translate complex data from a range of sources into client-ready insights and deliverables to support informed decision-making concerning required tax reporting by independently researching data issues and creating the correct mapping of that data in the technology platform.
• Research company and asset ID information from various internal and external sources
• Research third party websites for global withholding tax changes with respect to dividends, interest and capital gains and report changes to the team for inclusion into the Global Withholding Tax Reporter, RSA and RRA tools
• Collaborate and coordinate with EY foreign offices to obtain current withholding tax information
• Support operational processes with respect to technology re-platform efforts and ongoing enhancements for all services by being involved in the gathering of requirements, conducting user acceptance testing, reporting testing results, and recommending enhancements for the platform.
• Assist with client agreements, internal and external email communications, and ancillary projects
• Maintain required analytics and client registration for the tax technology tools
Skills and Attributes for Success
• Experience working with business, management and technology concepts
• Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
• Willingness to learn and quick to adapt to changing requirements
• Confident at working effectively within a virtual or distributed team environment (this means flexible and fast paced, as the task requires)
• Competent at meeting tight deadlines, performing high-quality work and diligent follow up
• Adept at summarizing and concluding activities, applying appropriate documentation standards
• Collaborate with clients and colleagues to analyze tax issues, determine alternative methods of problem-solving and arrive at recommendations
• Support Managers/Assistant Directors, Senior Managers/Associate Directors and PPEDDs with validating data in the GTIS system
• Support billing and collections for GTIS and related services and participate in the process of contract renewals and new business pursuits
• Build effective relationships with our clients, understand their unique needs to provide tailored services; manage workflow effectively to comply with clients’ needs and expectations and complete special projects
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Tax, Law, or Economics
• 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience
• Ability to effectively own and manage concurrent projects, and prioritize multiple tasks, including multi-location coordination
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team, and assist with a variety of projects of varying degrees of complexity
• Some supervision and training skills will be required
• Strong organizational and verbal/written communication skills
• Proficient in computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• CPA license, EA certification or a licensed Attorney is required or the ability to achieve one of these certifications
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
Internal - any state
Anywhere in country
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $56,200 to $92,700. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $67,400 to $105,400. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .