EY Tax Services Manager - Financial Services Organization - Fiduciary Trust Tax Services in Charlotte, North Carolina
EY focuses on high-ethical standards and integrity among its employees and expects all candidates to demonstrate these qualities. At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is a leader in serving the global financial services marketplace and the only professional services firm with a separate business unit dedicated to the financial services industry – the Financial Services Organization (FSO). Our focused model and bold ambition have put us at the center of the events that continue to reshape and redefine our industry, working side by side with a range of clients from our most venerable institutions to dynamic new entrants across Banking and Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management and Insurance. Our purpose is to help build a financial services industry in which financial institutions are trusted and flourish, and the global economy is healthy, growing and secure. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve complex challenges, then come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our FSO Tax and EY EDGE practice is made up of a team of professionals providing dedicated tax technical services to both US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, you’ll be at the heart of EY’s critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute — building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks, supporting client engagements by participating in day-to-day interactions with team members, providing a quality work product and driving delivery of services to meet deadlines. You will serve as a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams, research tax law issues, provide advice and assistance to help clients understand risks and potential needs for additional tax advisory or compliance services.
· Sign tax returns as preparer
· Manage Analysts, Senior Analysts and Assistant Managers in performance of tax compliance services, and review and confirm accuracy in tax reporting
· Communicate complex tax issues to colleagues, clients and non-tax professionals to enable evaluation and review of tax compliance requirements central to fulfilling fiduciary tax reporting obligations
· Oversee multiple tax engagements of various sizes, including coordinating production and delivery of all tax deliverables, managing people and resources, implementing new processes and procedures, and managing engagement economics throughout the year
· Serve as a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams
· Identify service enhancements that will improve tax deliverables and engagement economics via improved accuracy of bridged data, educating engagement team members to provide for increased knowledge of clients’ trust accounting systems to provide for more insightful client communication and guidance, making sure the team is using the ONESOURCE™ Trust Tax software to its full functional capabilities, implementing leading practices, enhancing team members’ communication skills for continued growth and improved service delivery, helping team members to identify gaps that need analysis and review, and making sure team members understand the difference between routine and non-routine service deliverables that maybe out of scope in nature
You will support the Fiduciary/Trust Tax Services practice with the preparation and delivery of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting for agency, custody and fiduciary accounts for tax compliance engagements with banks, wealth management firms, trust companies and law firms. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
· Ability to identify, deploy and allocate resources as needed to fill gaps in service delivery in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment
· Primary point of contact for day-to-day client relations for assigned engagements and demonstrate professional discretion by appropriately escalating complex tax and client relationship matters to senior management and subject-matter professionals,
coordinating efforts, and managing expectations with regard to timing of response and resolution
· Manage internal and external client relationships and professional network to support client retention and new business development
· Manage communications with client tax liaisons, client trust administration teams and client trust officers to gather required information, to share information to support informed decision-making, and obtain instruction or authorization necessary for timely, accurate production of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting
· Build effective long-term relationships and manage workflow effectively with our clients, and understand their unique needs to provide tailored services
· Manage engagement deliverables and team resources to achieve timely and accurate delivery of tax compliance services while effectively managing engagement economics
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Tax, Law, or Economics
· CPA or EA certification or membership in The Bar
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional services or tax services organization, 2 years of experience with fiduciary tax law concepts and with preparing US federal and state fiduciary tax returns
· Proficient in computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, trust accounting systems and tax software applications, including ONESOURCE™ Trust Tax
· Thorough knowledge of fiduciary and/or income tax law and concepts required to prepare US federal and state tax information statements and tax returns
· Proficient in reading and interpreting trust agreements
· Work effectively both independently and as team leader
· Knowledge of and interest in taxation, trusts and estates, wealth planning and fiduciary income taxation
· Excellent client interaction skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Good technical experience in fiduciary accounting matters
· Experience managing people and projects
· Commit to periodic travel (10%–15%)
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $83,700 to $153,300. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $100,500 to $174,400. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities including veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during any part of the application process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com