EY Manager - National Tax - Passthrough Transactions Group (PTG)/Consulting - Open Location in Chicago, Illinois
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. The combination of knowledge and experience forms the basis of our ability to assist clients in meeting their business objectives. We believe that by managing our clients' tax obligations responsibly and proactively we can make a critical difference, and you'll be at the heart of this mission.
Our Partnership Transactions Group (PTG) is made up of professionals with tax technical skills and substantial industry and capital markets experience. We combine seasoned tax partnership
and financial instrument knowledge, and an understanding of federal income tax controversy, with economics, finance and modeling skills. Our cross-disciplinary background and approach can help you evaluate risks and benefits from both an economic and tax perspective.
Your key responsibilities
Your typical day will involve working in small groups on projects with internal or external clients. You'll collaborate with national subject matter professionals in the design and execution of complex, large-scale partnership transactions with significant clients of the firm. Additionally, Managers develop an understanding of the complexities of Subchapter K, partnership modeling and the nuances of joint venture structuring. Managers will also work with National Tax Department (NTD) Senior Manager, Partners/Principals on more limited on-call consulting opportunities, writing Tax Alerts and Developments and teaching courses. Managers will gain significant experience in structuring partnership transactions and develop a broad-based knowledge in Subchapter K that can be utilized in building our Advisory Services practices.
Skills and attributes for success
· Assisting in the preparation of financial models and other tools that help our clients execute a variety of financial transactions, including asset acquisitions, disposition deals, capital structure transformations, and corporate reorganizations
· Applying principles of corporate finance to assess the economic implications of particular deal structures
· Preparing reports and client presentations
· Working at all levels of transaction structuring and execution, from evaluating alternative structures and bids through closing
· Compiling documentation related to each analysis
· Provide high-quality and 'time-sensitive' service that meet and/or exceed our clients' expectations
· Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
To qualify for the role you must have
· Achieved at least a bachelor's degree, typically with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Operations Research, Financial Engineering or Statistics
· Minimum of 6 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
· A CPA certification or membership in The Bar
· Strong technical writing skills
· Broad exposure to federal income taxation, with an emphasis on partnership taxation
· Flexible and willing to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
· Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
Ideally, you'll also have
· Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
· Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What we look for
We're interested in intellectually curious people, with a diverse set of interests and backgrounds and an entrepreneurial mindset. You'll also need to have fantastic communication skills, the ability to manage your schedule, and enjoy going beyond assigned tasks to see the big picture. If you're ready to make a tangible difference right from the start and bring your big ideas to this growing team, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $131,300 to $240,700 .The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is 1$57,600 to $273,500. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .