EY Tax Services Experienced Staff - People Advisory Services - Actuarial - Rewards in Chicago, Illinois
Tax Services Experienced Staff - People Advisory Services - Actuarial - Rewards
Requisition # CHI006ZL
Post Date Apr 04, 2018
Managing global workforces is increasingly complex. People Advisory Services (PAS) builds and improves organizational and individual performance, delivering a highly complex and challenging mission, especially in an ever changing working environment. As a member of one the PAS pillars you’ll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences and a supportive environment. When you join us you will gain unique experiences and valuable knowledge working across capabilities, sectors and geographies and have the opportunity to take your career in the direction you want.
As an Experienced Staff you will be involved in a wide variety of challenging and diverse actuarial engagements ranging from retirement plan valuations, forecasting, special studies, plan design and mergers and acquisitions. You will have the opportunity to gain excellent personal and professional growth and meaningful exposure to our business as an integral member of our client services team.
Your key responsibilities
You will work on multiple reward projects delivering quality client service and providing flexible and innovative reward solutions. You will also be expected to have excellent communication skills, integrate into and lead new teams, and rapidly establish relationships. You’ll be generating profitable revenue by identifying follow-on engagement opportunities and developing lasting relationships with clients.
Skills and attributes for success
• Prepare pension valuations, benefit certifications, and various government reports for a variety of clients
• Contribute to client satisfaction by providing timely and effective responses to client needs and concerns
• Participate in client meetings and work within a team environment to deliver fully integrated benefit services to clients
• Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
• Encourage and facilitate collaboration amongst team members, and promote an inclusive working environment
• Contribute to business development and client pursuit activities by preparing proposals and delivering presentations for potential clients
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree with a concentration in actuarial science, mathematics, or statistics, a minimum of one year work experience and CPA, JD, ASA or Enrolled Agent certification
• Excellent analytical, research and communication skills
• Proficiency in PROVAL actuarial software
• Experience in reviewing pension funding
• Ability to build client relationships and manage expectations
• Project management experience, planning, budget management, and reporting
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Demonstrated an understanding of actuarial concepts and actively pursue increased actuarial knowledge through client assignments and actuarial exams
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused expat tax team, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.