EY Advisory Talent Acquisition Recruiter, Supervising Associate in Cleveland, Ohio
Advisory Talent Acquisition Recruiter, Supervising Associate
Core Business Services
Requisition # CLE001SY
Post Date Apr 03, 2018
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
We call our human resources group the Talent Team, and this reflects how important our people are to the success of the EY organization. Working with the Talent Team, you’ll help develop and execute our people strategy, which provides the programs, measures and tools that help our EY member firms' employees achieve their goals. You might develop and implement strategies for performance management, leadership development, learning, training tools, compensation, recruiting, new joiner orientation, reporting processes or other initiatives.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As Recruiting Supervising Associate you'll be responsible for recruiting qualified candidates to fill experienced hire positions in the fast growing Advisory practice. You'll also be responsible for identifying top talent and converting prospects into active candidates. You’ll work with Business Leaders, recruiting leaders and hiring managers to execute on workforce and strategic hiring plans. In addition you will focus on building the brand of EY and the areas that you support on social media and through extensive networking.
Although you'll receive general supervision, you'll be expected to work independently on a daily basis, seeking help on complex issues from the Recruiting Leader as needed.
As Recruiter Supervising Associate, occasional travel may be necessary, depending on the scope of the role. In addition, long working hours are often required.
• Serve as a recruiter for a technology driven practice in Advisory. Conduct pre-qualifying phone screens on candidates and targeted warm calls to generate interest in EY opportunities. Make recommendations regarding next steps with each candidate
• Act as the main recruiting contact for key client groups and internal and external candidates. Develop sound business relationships with internal clients to achieve stated goals
• Identify candidates through multiple sources including employee referrals, social media sites (e.g. LinkedIn), alumni, networking, associations and agencies
• Provide regular updates to hiring manager, recruiting leaders and other stakeholders as may be appropriate on pipeline development and progress of candidates
• Develop and maintain relationships with Business Unit and Service Line hiring managers and HR leaders
• Participate in workforce planning sessions and ongoing ad-hoc feedback meetings with hiring managers
• Execute on processes to implement hiring plans based on business strategy in consultation with business and recruiting leaders
• Participate with hiring managers and recruiting leadership to develop implementation plans for sourcing and recruiting strategies, paying particular attention to inclusiveness strategies
• Responsible for inclusiveness sourcing efforts for Advisory. Attend inclusiveness events and conferences to develop and foster relationships with diverse professional organizations
• Manage candidates through the early interview stages and selling of EY as an employer of preference. Assist with maintaining candidates relationships up to closing offers
• Responsible for scanning the marketplace for trends and obtaining information on competitive positioning. Make recommendations regarding how this information could affect hiring plans and/or sourcing strategies
• Responsible for mastering the use of recruiting tools and cutting edge technologies (Taleo, Avature, LinkedIn, etc) to remain at the forefront of talent acquisition. Research and recommend the use of other vendors that may improve the effectiveness of recruiting and/or sourcing activities. May provide testing or manage the rollout of a new tool or technology to the recruiting community
To qualify, candidates must have:
Knowledge and skills requirements
• Knowledge of recruitment/hiring laws and practices
• Ability to quickly gain in-depth knowledge of the firm's recruitment policies, processes and protocols
• Possesses high level of specialized knowledge in experienced hire recruitment
• Ability to assess whether candidates have the appropriate skills, competencies and experiences required to meet the specifications of the proposed position
• Ability to articulate and market EY opportunities to candidates and assess factors that would help with offer negotiation process
• Responsible for counseling and mentoring other recruiters
• Ability to quickly adapt to, embrace and champion new technology and tools. Act as a change agent as new technology, tools and processes are rolled out
• Broad understanding of the firm's Service Lines and a detailed understanding of the Advisory practice for which this position is responsible for
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
• Ability to utilize strategic thinking skills and work to collaborate with fellow team members on best practices
• Strong customer focus and effective use of consultative approach with clients
• A minimum of 5-8 years of experienced hire recruiting experience; preferably from a professional services environment
• Good knowledge base and prior experience in full life-cycle recruitment of experienced hires; especially sourcing of talent
• Bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.