EY Tax Services Senior - Financial Services Organization - FTTS - Tax Research & Technical Writing in Cleveland, Ohio
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
TAX SERVICES SENIOR - FINANCIAL SERVICES ORGANIZATION - FTTS - TAX RESEARCH & TECHNICAL WRITING - (BOSTON, MA; PITTSBURGH, PA; CHICAGO, IL; COLUMBUS, OH; CLEVELAND, OH; PHILADELPHIA, PA)
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The EY’s Fiduciary/Trust Tax Services (FTTS) practice provides trust tax compliance and advisory services for organizations such as banks, wealth management firms, family offices, trust companies and law firms. The FTTS group prepares thousands of fiduciary income tax returns and information returns annually for banks, trust companies and law firms.
The Tax Senior will provide tax counsel to the group’s offices nationwide.
Your key responsibilities
· Research tax law issues, draft memoranda, provide tax advice and assistance
· Review and interpret wills and trust documents
· Analyze and resolve complex tax problems
· Answer tax questions from clients and internal staff
· Recommend proper tax treatment of various transactions, including corporate mergers and special distributions
· Present internal and external educational seminars on pertinent tax topics
· Assist with writing firm tax alerts on developments related to the trust tax field
To qualify for the role you must have
Bachelor’s degree; classes in tax and/or accounting helpful.
· JD/LLM in taxation or MST degree preferred.
· CPA or state bar admission.
· Knowledge in individual income tax law.
· Knowledge or interest in trusts and estates, and fiduciary income taxation.
· Experience in preparation of individual and/or fiduciary income tax returns preferred.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in basic computer software applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Strong client interaction skills.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Two or more years relevant experience, such as in a law firm, public accounting firm, or other professional services firm.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.