EY System Administrator - Government and Public Sector Costpoint in Columbia, South Carolina
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
System Administrator – Government and Public Sector Costpoint
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
EY Government and Public Sector (“GPS”) is seeking a full-time Costpoint System Administrator. The Costpoint System Administrator will report to the GPS Controller with a dotted line to the GPS Technology Officer.
In this role, you’ll be accountable for technical support of Deltek Costpoint and related applications to meet operational objectives and support business initiatives, as well as ensuring adherence to policies, procedures, and internal controls.
Your key responsibilities
• Administration of Deltek Costpoint and related applications including test and production environments
• Serve as principal resource for all hardware, software and applications that interact with or support Costpoint
• Respond to internal business user requests for assistance with issues related to Costpoint and related application functions
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner with oversight and coordination with business user team members
• Work with vendor consultants for configuration of applications and issue resolution as needed
• Maintain system accounts to include account creation, changes and deletion
• Update system to fix defects or complete minor enhancement requests
• Assist with maintenance of servers, if necessary
• Support routine Deltek patching
• Lead or participate in business process reviews
• Work with process improvement initiatives to gather business requirements, complete needs assessments and cost / benefit analyses
• Test changes to applications to ensure performance is working as designed
• Own internal documentation that reflects changes made to Costpoint with direct oversight from team members including workflows, scripts, system configuration and design, process flows and functional documents
• Safeguard the security, integrity and confidentiality of internal systems and data
• Work with multiple stakeholders to ensure process integrity, implement enhancements, and participate in improvement initiatives related to Costpoint and related systems
Skills and attributes for success
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of database structures and functional modules for AP, Projects, General Ledger and Subcontractor Management
• Strong understanding of US Government’s expectations for IT control environment
• Ability to plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner
• Ability to multi-task on varying projects and initiatives
• Attention to detail; organized and thorough
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Power Point
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work with a diverse and geographically distributed team
• Ability to obtain a government security clearance
To qualify for the role, you must have
• 5-8 years of relevant experience
• 4+ years of experience in a government contracting environment
• Experience in process analysis, design and accounting system transformations
• Experience with accounting system audit by DCAA is a plus
• 2+ years of technical experience with Deltek Costpoint
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a flexible time off policy with plus 19 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world / make your mark / build your legacy with us.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Denver Salary Range: $70,900 - $113,300
Hartford Salary Range:$70,900 - $113,300
Stamford Salary Range: $85,100 - $135,900
Las Vegas Salary Range:$70,900 - $113,300
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.