EY Consulting - Financial Services - Insurance - Guidewire - Business Analyst in Columbus, Ohio
Consulting - Financial Services - Insurance - Guidewire - Business Analyst
Requisition # UNI00FTV
Post Date Feb 02, 2021
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (FSO) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Insurers across the globe are investing heavily in technology-enabled transformation programs. A number of solution “hot spots” exist today, such as in claims, underwriting, policy and billing. Our ambition is to be the C-suite advisor for insurance technology-enabled transformation programs, recognized by our clients for our insightful thought leadership, pro-activity in meeting their needs and having truly globally integrated capabilities. Typical projects will span the following areas of insurance technology-enabled transformation:
• Guidewire System Implementation (Policy, Billing, Claims)
• Enterprise Data Management
• Reinsurance Accounting and Reporting Operations/Technology
• Performance Management and Measurement
• Enterprise Technology Expense Reduction
We assist our clients in designing and implementing solutions to improve their organizations' efficiency and effectiveness in the areas of strategy, people, processes and technology.
Your Key Responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for working directly with clients to transform their business problems into technology solutions. The goal is to support our clients' efforts to make their business units more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the remediation and mitigation of process risk. You will assist engagement teams through the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, technology infrastructure design, vendor selection and technology implementation plans that support our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of business needs and requirements, and an ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications, collaborating with technical teams (e.g., architects) to design and deliver system architecture solutions
• Remain current on new developments in services capabilities and industry knowledge
• Advise clients on a variety of business process services that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization’s capabilities; team with client technology professionals or third-party strategic alliances to provide implementation of technology solutions
• Provide insights and recommendations from different data sources to help verify that the solution/technology is meeting business requirements, and identify new projects and opportunities for additional services.
• Collaborate with client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds; mentor junior resources on the team, and foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role, you must have
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Industrial Administration, Business or a related field and two+ years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience defining business and technical requirements; alternatively, a master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Industrial Administration, Business or a related field and three years of work experience defining business and technical requirements
•Three years of relevant experience working at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to property and casualty insurance carriers on personal or commercial lines of businesses
•Two years of experience managing and supervising a team of business analysts and technology analysts through all phases of the technology life cycle, including requirements definition, architecture design, conversion, and testing
• Previous application experience in any of the following:
o Guidewire, OneShield, Exigen, MajescoMastek, DuckCreek, FirstBest, Business Objects, Cognos, Informatica
• Proficiency in one or more of the following competencies:
o System and vendor selection and implementation
o Definition of business and technical requirements
o Design of business and technology architecture
o Business intelligence/decision support
o Program/project management and implementation planning (PMO)
• Strong relevant experience in either an internal or external business analysis role, or similar, evidenced by experience in gathering and interpreting business requirements, and developing technical requirements and specifications
• Experience with Agile SCRUM methodology, business analysis methodologies and business analysis documentation standards
• Knowledge of software engineering methodologies, reporting tools, process flows, data flows, traceability matrices, modeling and testing strategies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical writing and client presentations
• Ability to form relationships with business stakeholders and SMEs, and help them envision the future state and the change needed to facilitate it
• Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking through a proven ability to research client inquiries and emerging issues related to regulations, industry practice and new application technologies
• Willingness to travel 80% to meet client needs
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience with management reporting enhancement, business intelligence/decision support, data warehousing/enterprise data design and management, or enterprise application integration
• Experience with planning and facilitating user acceptance testing and managing associated business relationships
What we look for
We’re interested in self-motivated individuals who can easily function in a high-demand, performance-driven environment. In addition, we’re looking for people who recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual and are sought after as people developers. If you’re passionate about problem-solving and helping our clients with some of their most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
The Guidewire practice presents a ground-floor opportunity within EY for smart, talented individuals to contribute, build a career and grow with us. We are focused on leveraging the latest meaningful technologies (e.g., digital, cloud, big data, AI/ML) to deliver value.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus
12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.