EY Pursuit Leader Client Executive - West Region in Dallas, Texas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Business Development function brings together business, sector and account knowledge along with EY competencies and solutions to meet unique client needs. The Business Development organization shapes and drives an integrated growth strategy across EY’s largest accounts, industry sectors, solutions and services, while demonstrating and achieving market leadership through a client centric culture.
As a Pursuit Leader (PL) you will be assigned to lead complex and large pursuits in the West region, across all key phases, up until close. You’ll be responsible for directing the pursuit strategy to properly position the firm’s thought leadership, capabilities, resources, and overall credentials to positively distinguish EY from competitors and win the new business opportunity. You’ll consult with key stakeholders to build and organize the appropriate pursuit team to respond effectively to the potential client’s needs. You’ll also be responsible for updating, assessing and making recommendations to the West Region Pursuit and Business Development Leadership, Client Service Partners and Area leadership regarding the status of pursuits and opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
• Lead assigned opportunity from start to finish
• Assess and determine levels of support needed based on the opportunity (just in time support, tools and enablers or allocated resources)
• Confirm all steps of the pursuit proposal process and adhere to producing content and the end product of the highest quality
• Drive the momentum of the pursuit and lead all members of the pursuit team to make certain that deliverables are met, duties are shared appropriately, and enthusiasm and motivation remain high
• Drive quality and efficiencies through the creation and implementation of rigorous process and controls
• Partner with other Regional and/or Area pursuit teams where applicable to provide a full-service Business Development (BD) coverage model for strategic, high-end pursuits
• Responsible for the timely delivery of deliverables through control of workflow. Develop and maintain metrics on team performance
• Instill Exceptional Client Service to internal stakeholders in Service Lines, Market Segments and accounts through the BD Pursuit Strategy team’s best in class pursuit process
• Develop and coach the BD Pursuit Strategy team by providing ongoing one-on-one coaching, mentoring and professional development support to challenge and guide each individual to his or her full potential
• Build strategic alliances with and support Client Executives (CEs) and senior managers in the co-development of pursuit strategy and external meeting structure and content
• Manage and lead the development of account, and opportunity “value-propositions”
• Operates with considerable autonomy and minimal direction
• This role will coach resources including client servers who do not reside within the BD organization and will be expected to inspire others through action in the marketplace.
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong deal architecture, sales and negotiation skills
• Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
• Strong executive presence and ability to build and sustain client relationships at the highest levels of the firm and with C-suite clients
• Strong working knowledge of a professional services or matrixed organization
• Utilizes understanding of the external market, competitors, EYs resources to determine the appropriate strategy for each pursuit (including alignment of tools, enablers, resources). This can include determining to pursue or decline opportunities.
To qualify for the role you must have
• University/Bachelor’s Degree required
• 10-12+ years of complex and large sales experience
• Experience supervising other sales professionals preferred
• Experience working in a partnership/professional services environment
What we look for
Our successful Client Executives deliver exceptional client service by proactively originating new business, sharing ideas and bringing innovation to your clients. Additionally, you’ll be digitally connected across your clients’ full ecosystem while collaborating to find or build the right solution tailored to the business needs while challenging their thinking with distinct points of view.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.