EY USA - Tax - Indirect Tax - Transaction Tax - Intern - Summer 2022 in Dallas, Texas
USA - Tax - Indirect Tax - Transaction Tax - Intern - Summer 2022
CA-San Francisco, TX-Dallas, TX-Houston
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax – Indirect Tax – Intern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
As part of Indirect Tax, you’ll provide a range of domestic and international tax planning services and tax-related advisory services within one of our focus areas, such as: Credits and Incentives, Employment Tax, Global Trade, Indirect Transaction Tax, Real Estate Tax, State and Local Tax, Technology, Unclaimed Property Tax or Value Added Tax (VAT). You’ll be a key member in a team whose combination of knowledge and experience assists clients in determining and implementing appropriate tax planning while identifying potential risk areas. As part of that, we’ll look to you to get up to speed quickly and get a broad base of knowledge to help you successfully interact with clients and bring innovative ideas to the table.
EY focuses on a variety of industries, including but not limited to: automotive and transportation, consumer products, health and life sciences, media and entertainment, mining and metals, oil and gas, power and utilities, and technology. Additionally, we have differentially invested in an industry structure that focuses on financial services through our Financial Services Organization (FSO). Candidates electing to join the FSO will focus exclusively in financial services and will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers. Whichever you choose, you’ll find no shortage of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities while discovering and developing your strengths and ambitions.
You’ll be an essential part of a team delivering technical, high quality work to clients. You’ll balance your time between multiple tasks, supporting the team in tax technical research, modeling and developing solutions, while building your foundational knowledge. As part of that, you’ll need to possess interpersonal skills, be able to absorb and observe, and be flexible in a changing environment.
Your key responsibilities
· Research complex tax issues and developing quality, practical tax approaches
· Contribute to client satisfaction by promptly and effectively responding to client needs and concerns
· Participate in client meetings and working within teams to deliver fully integrated services
· Actively strengthen your tax knowledge through client assignments and current tax developments
· Develop and deliver timely, high-quality services and work products
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
§ Have or be working toward, a bachelor's or master’s degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Economics, International Trade, Supply Chain or a related field; or an advanced degree in Tax or Law
§ Eligibility to sit for CPA or bar examinations, professional designation from the IPT or equivalent foreign certification upon graduation
§ Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
§ Superior project management, interpersonal, communication, teaming and organizational skills
§ Flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work beyond standard hours when necessary
§ A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
For applicants for jobs in our Denver office, EY complies with Colorado laws and regulations. Information can be found here. (https://csgexternal.ey.com/2019/1904-3123308/colorado-undergraduate-compensation.pdf)
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning : You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Service Line/Business Area Tax