EY Risk Consultants - Quantitative, Risk & Valuation Modeling - EMEIA Financial Services (fluent in English) in Diegem, Belgium
Risk Consultants - Quantitative, Risk & Valuation Modeling - EMEIA Financial Services (fluent in English)
Requisition # DIE000NZ
Post Date Jun 23, 2017
Risk Managers and Internal Auditors help financial institutions avoid losses, but also ensure that the organizations are well-equipped to pursue risky, yet profitable opportunities. They have become equal and necessary partners of the business, and their working environment is determined by data and analysis tools, including mathematical models and process knowledge, as well as by an increasingly prescriptive regulatory framework.
Our combined Actuarial and Risk practice within the Advisory service line at EY Belgium – Financial Services, has realized an annual growth rate of close to 50% for the past 5 years, and we have similarly ambitious plans for the future; therefore we are looking for professionals able to function on this cross-road, and who also possess the interpersonal skills needed in order to solve our clients’ risk management challenges.
The matters we cover
• Quantitative modeling (market risk, valuation, credit risk), including the link with accounting (e.g. IFRS 9)
• The broad regulatory agenda (Solvency II, Basel III and the new SSM world, MIFID & the Consumer Protection agenda, …), and its operational impact
• The qualitative aspects of risk management (ERM, governance, policies, reporting)
• Internal audit and processes & control
Your main tasks and responsibilities
• You participate to engagements in the Risk practice in the quantitative space
• Some typical task you may be assigned to are:
o Use EY tools & models for valuation of financial instruments, in order to provide support to our colleagues from Assurance
o Participate to model development and validation exercises, which span all risk drivers (e.g. market & credit risk) and all model types (e.g. pricing models, risk models, internal models for capital requirements calculations);
o Accumulate experience and knowledge, to grow into an independent model validator
• You apply Big Data techniques to actual modeling challenges
• You coordinate the workload in various projects, and develop productive working relationships with clients
• You act as a team member, updating more senior team members on progress on projects, and seeking guidance as needed
• You coach and supervise junior staff.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Master Degree in Finance, Risk, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
• Between 2 – 8 years of relevant professional experience, where a first exposure to advisory is an asset
• Solid understanding of quantitative modeling techniques and practical experience in one or more sub-domains, such as derivative pricing, market risk, credit risk (IRB, IFRS9), is a major plus
• An interest in the regulatory and accounting rules that set the context of valuation and risk management
• Knowledge of some key vendor packages, or frequently used programming languages (SAS, Matlab, C++, Python) in the risk and/or valuation domain is an asset
• Proficient level of business English and good communication skills; knowledge of Dutch and / or French is a major asset
• Team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
• Eagerness to learn more about the Financial Services market in Belgium and Europe.
What working at EY offers
• You will join a young team, genuinely passionate about their work, and recognized at leading edge in their field of expertise
• We offer you the opportunity to make your mark on the financial services industry in the context of an international and mobile team, working cross borders
• We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management
• We will support you to ‘learn on the job’ from more experienced professionals in our team, who take on a coaching and mentoring role.
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements , and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a balanced lifestyle.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At EY we are passionate about diversity and inclusion, and we support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Advisory, Tax, Transactions and Assurance.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the top employer by 2020 a reality.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today .