EY Assistant Manager / Manager - Financial Accounting Advisory Services in Doha, Qatar
Assistant Manager / Manager - Financial Accounting Advisory Services
Requisition # QAT000M0
Post Date 4 days ago
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Having the largest geographical footprint in the MENA region, EY is perfectly placed to help the multitude of government entities and businesses change their accounting standards to the latest IFRS standards. We’re looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this change while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
Your key responsibilities
As Assistant Manager or Manager, you'll make a technical contribution to clients in a lead role in both financial and non- financial service sectors. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships, execute complex advisory engagements, supervise junior team members and help define strategy. Working under the supervision of an assurance leader, you'll also help execute our work and present findings to the client.
With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you'll determine whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Strong academic record including a degree
· Professional accountancy qualification
· At least six years of relevant work experience
· Familiarity with IFRS and local GAAP standards
· Finance process experience, such as process transformation, accounting excellence, risk assessments, internal control and fixed asset reviews
· Understanding of risk- based auditing and risk and control strategies
· Understanding of Q&RM procedures
· Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
· Track record with a leading public practice firm
· Fluent Arabic communication skills
Ideally you’ll also have
· Sector experience in one or more of the following: Construction, Energy, Consumer Product & Retail, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Healthcare
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.