EY Supply Chain Manager – Life Sciences in Dublin, Ireland
Supply Chain Manager – Life Sciences
Requisition # DUB0048Q
Post Date 2 days ago
Supply Chain Manager – Life Sciences
The Pharma/Life Science sector is currently experiencing the fastest pace of change in generations. The discovery of life changing treatments, coupled with technology advances in digital health are making massive changes to patients, their families, and payers such as Insurers and Governments.
EY’s global Life Science Advisory team consists of over 6,000 experienced professionals who work with leading global Life Science companies in areas from Drug Discovery, Clinical Development, Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory Affairs, Commercial and Manufacturing. Every day, our teams work with our clients to make a real difference to them and to the patients receiving their medications. We work with leading technology providers to integrate the most innovative technologies into Life Science processes, so that the right medicine can be given to the right patient, at the right time – and at the right cost.
End-to-end control tower concepts and visibility in supply chain management contexts are no stranger to you. You are an experienced Manager working in/with the Life Sciences industry and are passionate about improving business’ end-to-end supply chains At EY you will be responsible for delivering large scale, complex supply chain management and operations transformation projects in the Life Sciences industry, including design and implementation stages. In your role you will be working with Life Science organizations to enhance their supply chain performance through digital technology. Besides that you are working with the wider Supply Chain & Operations team within EY Ireland to expand the Supply Chain offering for clients in the Life Sciences sector.
Your key responsibilities
You will join the EY Supply Chain and Operations Consulting team in Cork or Dublin. Key responsibilities will include:
· Delivery of projects (supply chain transformation, analytics, IoT, etc) in our clients’ supply chain organisations in Ireland
· Business development activities – building our brand locally in Ireland with the Life Science/MedTech community
· Development of Thought Leadership material
· Being an active participant and leader in the Life Science community within EY, working closely with senior colleagues in our other service lines – Tax, Assurance, Transactions
Skills and attributes for success
· Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge in your functional area of Supply Chain Management.
· Experience in delivering large scale projects in the Life Sciences industry.
· In-depth knowledge of the Life Sciences industry and GxP requirements.
· Demonstrate ability to quickly learn new processes and uncover new offering that may assist current customer base.
· Tactical and process oriented problem-solving.
· Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
· Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to lead and motivate a team of cross-functional experts of different levels
· Build relationships with client personnel and deliver quality client services. Strive to assist our clients uncover additional areas of opportunity and manage the business development process.
· Experience in using digital technology to enhance end-to-end supply chain performance.
To qualify for the role, you should
Be degree qualified in supply chain, industrial engineering or sciences
Have a minimum of 6 years of experience in a supply chain function in the Life Sciences industry or in Consulting working with clients from the Life Sciences industry.
Bring exceptionally high motivation to bring your expertise, focusing on end-to-end supply chain management to our clients fundamentally improving business performance.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Flexibility to work internationally
· Deep knowledge in one, or more, of the specific areas of expertise: Supply Chain Planning, Procurement, Third Party Operations, Manufacturing, Fulfilment & Logistics
· Consulting experience
· Experience working with SAP/Oracle ERP systems
· Strong Implementation experiences of digital technology across the supply chain
What we look for
To be successful, we look for individuals who are prepared to actively shape our business – that means those who want the opportunity to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and take ownership of their career. We will provide the opportunity to build a strong global network, and work with colleagues across the globe – this requires a level of confidence, curiosity, team building and independence. These are key qualities in what we look for in this role.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark – become part of the most globally integrated Life Sciences Advisory team, working with the best talent in EY and in our Clients.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.