EY Transformation Project Manager - Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Transformation Project Manager - Manager
Requisition # DUB004D9
Post Date Jun 05, 2021
If you are looking to join a dynamic and diverse Transformation Execution (TE) team delivering large-scale transformation programme advisory services, come and talk to EY’s TE team about the opportunities we can offer you.
To continue the successful growth of our TE team within EY’s Advisory practice, we are looking for experienced, motivated people who have previously worked in programme and project management, business or digital transformation roles, either in industry or in a client-side advisory role to join our team.
For further information, check out our website:
About TE in EY:
Our TE team sits within the Business Consulting pillar of the EY’s Consulting practice. With a clear purpose of ‘building a better working world’, EY’s TE team is committed to delivering exceptional client services across a range of sectors, including the public sector (particularly health), energy and utilities, financial services and telco.
In EY, our approach to delivering exceptional programme/project management and transformation services for our clients is underpinned by three defining features of our approach:
Purpose-led Transformation: Having shifted to becoming a purpose led organisation in 2013, we, at EY, have seen the benefits of purpose-led transformation for ourselves. And we are now using this proven approach to inform our client engagements.
Collaborative teamwork: In TE, we take a very proactive approach to ensuring that our teams are ‘more than the sum of the parts’ and that all members of the team are supported in their career development and progression. EY’s highest performing teams provide the right mix of talent to excel in volatile markets, solve the most complex problems and deliver quality results that surpass expectations for the EY team in conjunction with the client teams with whom we partner.
Delivering exceptional client service in a consistent and professional manner: EY’s Service Quality tools are designed to provide a process of continuous improvement, using a portfolio of tools and enablers designed to support the Consulting Strategy by embedding service quality into delivery of all of our engagements.
Role and Requirements:
In order to continue to grow EY’s successful TE business, we are looking for experienced Managers who will be responsible for:
· Working with clients across our focus sectors; government; health, utilities; transport; financial services; and telco to consistently deliver exceptional client service;
· Working as part of a team to ensure that all project deliverables are managed to time, cost and quality.
· Ensuring that project plans, project logs (E.g. Risks, assumptions issues, dependencies logs) and project budgets are managed effectively;
· Delivery of major project/programme activities, including business process design, testing and end user training involving multiple cross functional stakeholders.
· Working directly with clients on a regular basis to help create innovative insights and solutions to meet their needs;
· Integrating data to inform insights by sharing technical, sector and market knowledge in their area of expertise.
· Solving business and technology issues through collaboration and teaming;
· Applying knowledge, experience and expertise to shape services to clients with limited direction, including development of high-quality work products and presentation of project outputs, as required;
· Participating in and, as required, acting as the lead on small engagements or work-streams.
· Assisting in client account management activities such as recruitment for the project team, managing financial aspects of client engagements, and quality and risk management;
· Building valued relationships with clients and colleagues to assist in generating new business opportunities for EY;
· Providing a supporting role in presentations and proposals for elements of medium to high complex projects to prospective and existing clients;
· Communicating effectively with EY senior management and working to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams;
·Understanding all our service offerings and actively identifying opportunities to better serve clients;
·Building strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services lines;
·Supporting team development activities, including:
o Supporting, coaching, and mentoring activities;
o Conducting performance reviews and contributing to performance feedback;
o Contributing to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training activities;
o Maintaining an educational programme to continually develop technical skills;
o Understanding, following and communicating workplace policies and procedures
To do this role effectively, we are looking for people with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
Approximately 5 years’ experience in a management consulting or similar advisory role in industry or the public sector
Approximately 5-10 years’ of Project Management experience of managing and delivering large-scale projects, programmes and transformations, including project planning and monitoring, resource management (including project finances), benefits realisation, etc.;
Ideal candidates will have multidisciplinary experience including project management, business process design,testing the solution and end user training.
Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills with a track record in managing complex stakeholder programmes;
Good understanding of project governance and change management principles;
Strong 3 rd level educational qualifications
Additional professional qualifications, such as PRINCE2® or PMP, are desirable.
Additional areas of interest include: process improvement, agile methodologies and business case development.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.