EY Tax Manager- Global Compliance & Reporting in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Tax Manager- Global Compliance & Reporting
Requisition # GLA000MN
Post Date Oct 04, 2018
Our global compliance and reporting professionals help businesses meet complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, advisory, strategy and controversy. The Global Compliance Reporting team continues to experience growth due to strong client demand.
By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Manager to help develop our Corporate GCR team in Edinburgh or Glasgow office.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager within one of these offices you will play a major role in delivering tax compliance and advisory work but will also be involved in a diverse mix of other work across our network. A significant part of the role will focus on supporting the partner group with building out the practice, building strong client relationships within the current and target client base. Working in practice means that the job is, by its nature, different every day and we want someone who is actively looking for this challenge. An agile approach to working with different projects and people is therefore essential.
Skills and attributes for success
• Managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach;
• Managing the end to end process for the clients in your portfolio, which will include opportunity identification right through to delivery;
• Being the day to day contact for the clients in your portfolio;
• Working with a wide range of individuals, both internal and external, from across the globe;
• Providing insightful, advice to clients on a range of tax issues;
• Ensuring a high level of client service;
• Identifying opportunities; and
• Assisting in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contributing to winning new clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
• An enthusiastic attitude and flexible approach to work;
• A focus on quality;
• ACA / ACCA / CA / CTA / law or equivalent qualification (or breadth of knowledge equivalent);
• Experience in a tax environment (preferred);
• A thorough understanding of UK corporation tax issues;
• Experience of working in a compliance and reporting environment, either within practice or industry;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with current and potential clients;
• Project management experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A pragmatic approach to problem solving;
• A commitment to deliver results;
• A desire to take on responsibility; and
• The ability to motivate a team; manage, mentor and train junior staff and work with people from across the business.
Who we are
At Ernst & Young our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.