EY Federal Tax Services Senior - Financial Services Organization - Insurance in Greenville, South Carolina
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Locations: Cincinnati, OH; Des Moines, IA; Birmingham, AL; New York, NY; Hoboken, NJ; Jericho, NY; Iselin, NJ; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Miami, FL; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Nashville, TN; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA, CA; Irvine, CA
EY is a leader in serving the global financial services marketplace and the only professional services firm with a separate business unit dedicated to the financial services industry – the Financial Services Organization (FSO). Our focused model and bold ambition have put us at the center of the events that continue to reshape and redefine our industry, working side by side with a range of clients from our most venerable institutions to dynamic new entrants across Banking and Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management and Insurance. Our purpose is to help build a financial services industry in which financial institutions are trusted and flourish, and the global economy is healthy, growing and secure. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve complex challenges, then come join our dynamic FSO team!
We currently have an opportunity for you to join our Insurance Tax practice as a senior. Working with dedicated professionals in the insurance industry, you will be involved in dynamic tax compliance projects to develop your tax technical knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
As a senior, you will juggle multiple tasks in a high performing environment. You will be involved in financial statement audits as well as prepare and review tax returns. You will also be responsible for relationship management which includes building lasting professional relations with key employees of clients and analyzing engagement results to continue to provide exceptional client service to our Insurance clients.
Skills and attributes for success
· Self-motivation and critical thinking
· Eager to build professional network
· Understanding of key elements of client care and service which involves finding ways to simplify and improve work processes
· Recognizing business issues and using alternative solutions to resolve them.
· Looking for ways to increase efficiency on engagements
· Seeking to enhance knowledge through technical reading, continuing education, and other means
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of Tax experience
· CPA or licensed Attorney, or the ability to achieve either certification
· Knowledge of ASC 740 and SSAP 101
· Income tax support for audits and income tax experience for Insurance companies as well as C Corporations
· At least 2 - 3 years of experience in preparing 1120, 1120 PC, 1120 L and consolidated group returns; experience reviewing these returns is preferred
· Willingness to travel as needed, and working in a balanced hybrid environment
Ideally, you'll also have
· Direct experience in state and local taxation (e.g., state return compliance, state income tax accounting, state apportionment fundamentals)
· Successful problem-solving and analytical skills
· Ability to perform under time constraints and meet deadlines; strong sense of urgency
· Detail orientation
· Ability to identify issues and offers solutions and recommendations
· Supportiveness of firm goals, policies, and guidelines
What we look for
· Leadership ' conducts him or herself in a manner that inspires, and educates Patience & Organization ' in high performing environment, delays beyond our control occur. It's important to have the ability to put tasks to the side to allow for the dust to settle and move on to other tasks.
· Passion & Drive ' Being in management in public accounting is not a spectator sport. It requires constant movement and reinvention.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $73,300 to $134,300. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $88,000 to $152,600. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .