EY National Tax EDGE - Transfer Pricing Project Manager - Manager in Greenville, South Carolina
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
National Tax EDGE - Transfer Pricing Project Manager - Manager
The TP EDGE Project Manager Is a key role within the Transfer Pricing practice. The Project Manager works closely with Engagement Partners, EY and client engagement teams and is responsible for end-to end engagement lifecycle management, ensuring engagements are delivered timely, within budget and in compliance with practices’ Service Delivery Transformation Standards. The PM escalates and resolves delivery issues with guidance and support from the engagement team.
Your Key Responsibilities
The TP EDGE Project Manager is a key role within the TP Project Management team and is responsible for managing the delivery of the TP project management activities. You will work directly with Engagement Partners, Engagement Managers, and clients leveraging EY standard processes and technologies and offshore resources. You will establish engagement governance and PMO, develop a client / EY engagement workplan. You will facilitate adoption and deployment of standard TP process and technology applications. You will help streamline negotiations with foreign teams on interfirm billing and contracting. You will help prepare EY/Client status reports, monitor quality, format, and timing of data provision against planned service delivery goals, data validation checks and resolve delivery issues.
Skills and attributes for Success
· Manage engagement economics and compliance to Tax Quality & Risk Management leveraging EMS (Engagement Management Services) resources to
o Create Client/Engagement acceptance processes, independence and audit committee pre-approvals, deal reviews, conflict checks as needed
o Create opportunities, budgets, SOWs, Pricing Plans
o Conduct Budget to Actual analysis, Estimates to Complete, billing and collections, scope monitoring and analysis, Out-of-Scope billing
o Retain deliverables and supporting workpapers in accordance with Tax Quality & Risk Management procedures (Mercury, EYI My documents, GEAR)
o Perform Engagement close and renewal processes required with tax quality, financial and internal approvals required to close codes including closure of EYI My Documents
· Facilitate a client debrief, out-of-scope billing and the Assessment of Service Quality process
· Provide training, coaching and experiential learning to EMS resources with the goal of advancing EMS members to a project manager role
To qualify for the role you must have
· A graduate degree in Business Administration or professional certification in project management or Six Sigma certification is preferred for this position
· 3 to 5 years of project management experience
· Strong technology skills, including in software management, Microsoft Office work plan software and file management (e.g., MS Project, Share Point, Advanced MS Excel)
· Knowledge of project management and Six Sigma disciplines, Lean and Agile principles and tools
· Understanding intelligent automation solutions, data, tax quality and engagement management, including Contracting
· Strong numbers acumen, budgetary experience, and analytical skills
Ideally you’ll also have
· Confident working directly with clients, EY stakeholders, Engagement Partners, Engagement Managers, Tax Account Leaders
· Comfortable working in a global organization across geographies and functional teams with diverse cultures and multiple time zones
· Ability to understand client and engagement specific requirements and solutioning
· Strong proactive project management skills, ability to “connect the dots,” to assess how a change in one process impacts down-stream processes, engagement financials and engagement resourcing
· Confident navigating the internal organization, using relationships to connect with colleagues and challenge insightfully to improve processes, propose credible option
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people, with the ability to adjust to change and thrive in a constantly evolving environment. You’ll need to be someone who is capable of asking the tough questions, and independently driving their own career and learning initiatives. You’ll also need excellent organizational skills and a proven record of multitasking and working effectively across multiple projects. So, if you’re ready to contribute your big ideas and make a measurable difference right from the start, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .