EY Tax Services Senior Analyst - Financial Services Organization - Fiduciary Trust Tax Services in Greenville, South Carolina
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
TAX SERVICES SENIOR ANALYST - FINANCIAL SERVICES ORGANIZATION - FIDUCIARY TRUST TAX SERVICES - (BOSTON, MA; PITTSBURGH, PA; PHILADELPHIA, PA; CHICAGO, IL; DALLAS, TX)
Our Financial Services Office and EY EDGE practice is made up of a team of professionals providing specialized tax technical services to both US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, you’ll be at the heart of EY’s critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute — building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
Your Key Responsibilities
You’re likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks, supporting client engagements by participating in day-to-day interactions with team members, providing a quality work product and driving delivery of services to meet deadlines. You will serve as a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams, research tax law issues, provide advice and assistance to help clients understand risks and potential needs for additional tax advisory or compliance services.
· Performing tax research and preparing written tax advice
· Preparing tax information statements and tax returns including complex Forms 1041 and state income tax returns for trusts and estates
· Reviewing and interpreting wills and trust documents to determine fiduciary tax reporting requirements confirm beneficiary allocations, and identify matters that may require additional research and review by a subject matter professional such as determination of state tax nexus.
· Analyzing proper tax treatment of various transactions, learning to identify, review and confirm accuracy in tax reporting
· Translating complex data from a range of sources into client-ready insights and deliverables to support informed decision-making concerning required tax reporting
You will support the Fiduciary/Trust Tax Services practice with the preparation and delivery of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting for agency, custody and fiduciary accounts for tax compliance engagements with banks, wealth management firms, trust companies and law firms. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for Success
· Collaborate with clients and colleagues to analyze tax issues, determine alternative methods of problem-solving and arrive at recommendations
· Support managers, senior managers and PPEDs with reconciling returns, e-filing returns, and validating data in the tax system
· Communicate with client tax liaisons, client trust administration teams and client trust officers to gather required information, to share information to support informed decision-making, and obtain instruction or authorization necessary for timely, accurate production of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting
· Support billing and collections for tax compliance and related services and participating in the process of contract renewals and new business pursuits
· Communicate complex tax issues to colleagues, clients and non-tax professionals to enable evaluation and review of tax compliance requirements central to fulfilling fiduciary tax reporting obligations
· Responsible for training less experienced team members on administrative tasks and tasks supporting the tax compliance process
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor degree or equivalent experience (Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent degree preferred)
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional services or tax services organization and preparing federal and state fiduciary income tax returns
· Proficient in computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of trust accounting systems and tax software applications, including ONESOURCE™ Trust Tax
· Experience preparing income tax returns with complex pass-through investments, read and interpret trust agreements
· Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team, assist with a variety of projects of varying degrees of complexity
· Knowledge of taxation, trusts and estates, wealth planning and fiduciary income taxation
· Demonstrated technical expertise in fiduciary accounting matters
· Build effective relationships with our clients, understand their unique needs to provide tailored services. Manage workflow effectively to comply with clients’ needs and expectations and complete special projects
· Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
· Commit to periodic travel (10-15%)
Ideally, you’ll also have
· CPA or EA certification or membership in The Bar desired, but not required
· Thorough knowledge tax compliance, information reporting rules, fiduciary and/or income tax law and concepts required to prepare US federal and state tax information statements and tax returns
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.